Search for content in message boards

James Roper,Sr.

Replies: 2

James ROPER (b abt 1756-60, d 18 Nov 1835 - Simpson, KY), of Caswell, NC

Posted: 15 Apr 2014 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Roper, O'Neal, Neal, Neel
What is the basis for your belief that any James ROPER, of Caswell, NC, ever migrated to Burke County, NC?

Revolutionary War Veteran James ROPER (b abt 1756-60, d 18 Nov 1835 - Simpson, KY) is discussed at some length in my posted thread at the ROPER Message Board:

"James ROPER (b Jun 1745 - Caswell, NC, d 18 Nov 1835 - Simpson, KY)" (27 Nov 2012 7:23PM GMT)
http://boards.rootsweb.com/surnames.roper/1721/mb.ashx

This James ROPER married Mary O'NEAL and migrated first to Chester, SC, and later to Logan County, KY, settling in that part of the county which was later separated into Simpson County, KY.

Please note that in several posts within that thread, James ROPER's correct year of birth is discussed. James ROPER seems to have given his month and year of birth as June 1745 in his oral answers to written deposition questions (interrogatories) from the War Department before the Simpson County Court. However, James was both blind and senile at that time and there is substantial reason to doubt the accuracy of this information. I show this James ROPER as b abt 1756-60, which seems to be a date for which there is better primary supporting evidence.

I am aware of NO EVIDENCE that any James ROPER ever migrated from Caswell County, NC, to Burke County, but would be delighted to learn of the evidence supporting your assertions!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Anne Hagan 18 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT 
Barbara Hewlett 19 Aug 2001 5:06PM GMT 
waroper 15 Apr 2014 9:49PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic