Search for content in message boards

The Identity of The First Wife Of Alexander M. Long

Replies: 3

Re: The Identity of The First Wife Of Alexander M., Long

Posted: 9 Feb 2013 6:31PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: LONG,, MONTGOMERY, VAUGHAN, MATTOCK
Your grandfather, William Rufus Montgomery, was he a brother to Mary Ann Montgomery, who was married to Alexander Moore Long? Mary Ann Montgomerys parents were James Montgomery and Rebecca Davis. From your post I cant quite tell who he is. I do have a William Montgomery listed as a brother to Mary. I dont know his middle name. I have his wife as Sarah Mattock. Perhaps you can help me place your William R. Montgomery in the right place. The others you mentioned I do not know who they are.

If your reply to my query was in regards to who Alexander M. Longs first wife was, her names was Tabitha Vaughan. They had one child, my gr gr grandfather, Archibald M. Long, the oldest child of Alexander M. Long.

Alexander M(oore) Long and Mary Ann Montgomery had 9 children. Their 8th child, a son, was named Rufus C. Long, so there apparently was a namesake of Rufus somewhere in the family.

Now as for a Mary Polly Stephens or Stevens... I have a Mary Polly Bowman Stephens, the wife of Samuel Jasper Weir. They were the parents of Letitis Jane Weir, the wife of Archibald M. Long. As I stated, Archibald and and his wife, Letitia were my gr gr grandparents.

One of Letitia Jane Weirs sisters, Maragaret Serena Weir, married Jefferson Davis Montgomery.

If you could clarify a little more I might be better able to pinpoint where your Montgomerys are in my tree. If any of what I have listed here sounds familiar let me know. In the meantime after I post this hear I will keep looking in my files for your people. Hopefully we can connect. Thanks
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
massagetrbt2 4 Mar 2002 5:09PM GMT 
LATRELLECRANF... 7 Feb 2013 10:17PM GMT 
LATRELLECRANF... 7 Feb 2013 10:24PM GMT 
massagetrbt2 10 Feb 2013 1:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions