Search for content in message boards

Baynes,Lee/Lea

Replies: 16

Re: Nancy Tapscott, blind/ and family

Shelly Langley (View posts)
Posted: 31 Oct 2006 1:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Oh John, thank you so much for that discription of the store! What wonderful memories you must have growing up there. I recall seeing a picture of that very store in some of my grandmother's old photo's. I do not have the photo but
I did see it several times. Grandmomma and I used to pull out the picture books and go through them everytime I came to visit I think.

I can see where Nancy would have been a useful person to have around. Knowing the Baynes family as I do... well I surmise that her assests were the reason she was staying with them.

I recall a family story that I heard one time. When the Yankee's came through Nutbush (the community in Haywood County where they lived, and yes it's also famous for being the childhood home of the singer Tina Turner) they were going to burn John and Sarah's crops. John was a school teacher as well as a farmer (He was called Master Jack). One of the slaves talked the Yankee's out of NOT burning the crops and the buildings. My daddy was named Jack after him.

I do not know very much about Sarah Lea's family. In my family her name was spelled Lee and they tried to lay claim that they were a kin to you guessed Robert E. Lee. I discovered the discrepancy when I started doing the
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
John Fox 30 Oct 2006 2:52PM GMT 
Rick Frederick 30 Oct 2006 3:47PM GMT 
John Fox 31 Oct 2006 3:03AM GMT 
Shelly Langley 31 Oct 2006 9:03PM GMT 
Shelly Langley 31 Oct 2006 8:38PM GMT 
Shelly Langley 31 Oct 2006 8:32PM GMT 
RoseDawkins14... 28 May 2013 10:25PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic