John Brown of Caswell Co, NC, was a soldier in the Revolutionary War. His pension file offers these details about his daughter, Mary Ann, and his wife:
1. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON was the daughter of John and Mildred Brown.
2. Mary Ann Brown married Thomas Peterson in Caswell Co, NC.
3. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON had siblings, but was the sole heir alive when her mother died.
3. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON's father died Mar 1785; her mother died 1843.
4. Mildred Brown lived in Caswell Co, NC, til she died; she never remarried.
5. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON thought her parents married ca 1770. They married in Caswell Co, NC.
6. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON was the youngest child, aged 67, in 1846.
7. Mrs. Keziah Donoho, of Caswell Co, NC, knew Mrs. Mildred Brown before she married John Brown. Mildred's maiden name was Stringer.
8. Mary Ann (Brown) PETERSON was still living in Caswell Co, NC, in 1846.
Hope this helps someone. I'm not related to these BROWNs; ran across the info while looking for another John Brown.