Search for content in message boards

JONATHAN BROOKS UNDERWOOD 1839 -1912

Replies: 1

Re: JONATHAN BROOKS UNDERWOOD 1839 -1912

Posted: 13 Oct 2013 1:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: UNDERWOOD, GORRELL, BRINCEFIELD
Wanted to update. I HAVE connected with Jonathan Brooks Underwood line. And can confirm this line's DNA is now part of the UNDERWOOD SURNAME PROJECT at familytreedna.com! Also have autosomal DNA as part of the package!

Had the pleasure of coordinating with GORRELL line of WEBSTER MS (also has submitted DNA) and we have just confirmed MARGARET UNDERWOOD GORRELL was the sister of JONATHAN BROOKS UNDERWOOD. (It is my hopes more GORRELLs who settled in the OHIO/IND region will test as well as more in IRELAND! It would be interesting to know who shares the same bloodline of RALPH GORRELL of IRELAND who died in GUILFORD, NC).

I am awaiting DNA test results to confirm our BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD's line (GUILFORD TO WAKE) also is a sibling.

I encourage anyone who hails from the BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD/MINERVA BRINCEFIELD line who settled in MISSOURI to submit a Y37 test through familytreedna.com. We have set the groundwork for you to find your NC line! Together we can determine COE UNDERWOOD's line and hopefully get enough cooperation from UNDERWOODS to take the next step (around 1750s) to find our shared MARYLAND/DEL.line!

If you hail from ABEL UNDERWOOD of DALLAS ARK, I also encourage you to submit a Y-37 test. I believe you are brothers with the BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD who moved to OREGON, MISSOURI and UNCLES to JONATHAN BROOKS, MARGARET UNDERWOOD GORRELL, and our BARTLETT YANCEY UNDERWOOD.

If you know either ABEL UNDERWOOD of DALLAS ARK or BARTLETT UNDERWOOD of MO, would love to talk!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
saltbreeze44m... 10 Apr 2013 4:23PM GMT 
saltbreeze44m... 13 Oct 2013 7:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions