Search for content in message boards

Simon Adams, Elizabeth Thompson and Reuben Adams

Replies: 2

Simon Adams, Elizabeth Thompson and Reuben Adams

Posted: 31 Jan 2014 11:40AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Adams
I am searching for any information regarding Simon Adams who appeared in the 1800 Caswell County census in the Hillsboro District. I believe that Simon was first married to Henrietta Dix, daugher of John Dix who owned the Dix Ferry. Simon's property, from what I can tell, adjoined John Chilton, Dudley Gatewood, and Thomas Swan. I believe his property was appx one mile from the VA/NC line. Children with his first wife are believed to be Philip Pearson Adams, Ann Adams and George Adams. His second wife was Elizabeth Thompson and their children were Susan Adams Chilton and Reuben Adams (possibly James Reuben Adams).
Is there anyone out there who might be able to help me verify Simon's parentage (I believe him to be the son or grandson of Gabriel Adams and Priscilla Pearson. I also believe Simon moved to Pittsylvania County, VA around 1785 around then to Caswell County about 1793). I am also seeking a marriage record for Simon Adams and Elizabeth Thompson - it would have been between 1793 and 1798, and a birth record for James Reuben Adams or Reuben Adams around 1799. Also information regarding possible parents of Elizabeth Thompson would be appreciated. Elizabeth's second marriage in 1815 was to Fendal Roland, also of Caswell County.
ANY INFORMATION OR LOOK UPS WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
bravomom 31 Jan 2014 6:40PM GMT 
bevgillock 30 Apr 2014 5:17PM GMT 
naporacollins 7 Jan 2015 10:18PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic