ARNEY

Replies: 13
Posted: 18 Nov 2012 1:43PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: ARNEY
Lynn,

I was recently told about a possible item:
Peter Arney's Journal.

I have been doing research for 35 years on the Arney's, and have never heard of this item. The person that emailed me about it, I haven't heard back from since.

She stated that she was told about it by a cousin, who "supposedly" had seen the journal, and when she confronted the family, now they state it never existed.

Also, I'm still trying to learn more about Peter Arney's father, Jacob Arney. I now know more about his 1st Wife, Anna Ursula Kron, than I know about Jacob Arney.

I know that Jacob Arney was in Yorktown, York County, Pennsylvania, at least as early as 1750, when his son, Christian "Christy" Arney, Sr. was born.

Finding that journal, if it truly existed, would be a great find, for all of us Arney researchers.
The woman stated, that it talked about Peter Arney being an "indentured servant" (i.e. bound out to John Fullenwider), and that he ran away to Virginia to live with family.
Which would explain why Peter Arney, supposedly left North Carolina, and went to Wythe County, Virginia, where he married Margaret (maiden name/surname, unknown), and began his family.

Still so much to learn, even now.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
arney9thgener... 17 Nov 2012 8:07PM GMT 
arney9thgener... 17 Nov 2012 8:07PM GMT 
damon 18 Nov 2012 7:43PM GMT 
arney9thgener... 18 Nov 2012 8:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic