Search for content in message boards

Thompsons in Cherokee County

Replies: 17

Thompsons in Cherokee County

Posted: 2 Apr 2001 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Jul 2001 6:32PM GMT
Surnames: Thompson, Lambert, Beaty, Mathews
Donna: I wish I could help you but I am about as lost on the Thompsons as you. I can tell you that there is Cherokee Indian in this family also but no one can remember where Grandpa Willie said it came from. Elisha Thompson b.abt 1820's had 1 son Elisha Francis and 2 daughters with Lucresia Jane Lambert, they were all born about 1875-1880 and claim to have been born in Adair County Kentucky. Elisha was an herb doctor, and grandpa Willie remembers his grandmother Lucresia talking about at night when they would go to sleep the Indian children would come and get the scraps from the fire. They never bothered anything else, they were just hungry. This was in N.C. if the kids remember the story right. Elisha Francis had 3 sons but only one lived to have a family and that is my husbands grandfather William Isaac Thompson, born 1899 in Wayne County Kentucky. Elisha the herb doctor's death certificate says he was the son of William and Elizabeth Thompson but I am not at all sure if this is correct. We believe that William Isaac was named after someone but we think it may be his grandfather William Mathews. I believe that Elisha the herb doctor was a confederate soldier in the Civil War, and that he was married to someone else and probably never married Lucresia. We are about as lost on the Lambert family as the Thompson family. I wish I had started this family research 10 years ago when my husbands grandfather was alive and in good health. His mind was sharp until he died at the age of 94 and would have told me anything he could remember about his grandmother and grandfather. He loved to talk and was always telling stories. If I find anything that can help you I will pass it on. What is the hothouse area of Cherokee county? Debbie
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Robin Mccarter 17 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
JimThompson72... 24 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
jaydebhayes78 21 Nov 2012 5:37PM GMT 
jaydebhayes78 21 Nov 2012 5:26PM GMT 
DBogovich9107 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
stevens1975 2 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
hurt24 4 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
stevens1975 5 Apr 2001 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions