Search for content in message boards

Lula [or Lulla?] (Dockery) Mickens 1887-1935

Replies: 0

Lula [or Lulla?] (Dockery) Mickens 1887-1935

Posted: 27 Jan 2014 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DOCKERY, MICKENS
Hi,

I'm trying to find out how Lula/Lulla (Dockery) Mickens and her family fit into my Dockery Family line. Her first name has been recorded as both Lula and Lulla.

The information I've found so far includes an online photograph of the gravestone shared by Lula/Lulla and her husband, Dee Mickens (Liberty Cemetery in Cherokee Co., NC) and two Cherokee Co. NC census enumerations (1930, 1940). Here's a summary of the information I have so far:

Lula/Lulla Dockery, born Feb 17, 1887 in North Carolina [1930, 1940 CENSUS; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; died Jan 9, 1935 [GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; burial at Liberty Cemetery in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [FIND A GRAVE MEMORIAL]. She married Dee Mickens [. He was born Dec 5, 1881 in N.C. [1930, 1940 CENSUS; GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; died Nov 10, 1954 [GRAVESTONE INSCRIPTION]; burial at Liberty Cemetery in Cherokee Co., North Carolina [FIND A GRAVE MEMORIAL].

I'm hoping to identify her parents/ancestry, her siblings, and her children. Any help will be much appreciated!

Jean

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions