Search for content in message boards

Silas White

Replies: 10

Silas White

Posted: 30 Nov 2001 5:25AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 27 Jan 2002 11:08AM GMT
Surnames: White, Griffin,Person, Hollowell
I am looking for information on Silas White whose son married Elizabeth Hobbs of Chowan Co. There was a Silas White in that time period who was married to Christain Hollowell and one that was married to Judah Wallace. Does anyone have any information that would prove that the same man was married to both of these women? So far this is what I have found:
I have a copy of Judah's will dated 1798 and her husband's will dated 1797.In his will Silas named his children:son, Jefse;daughter, Absilla;son, William;son, Silas and wife, Judah.Silas and William were not yet 21.

In Judah's will there is no mention of children.Most of what she listed was clothing and some slaves. .She left everything to 2 sisters, Basheba Person and Millison Griffin and to some "cosins". The cousins were Gilla Griffin,Elizabeth Person , Edward Welch, Thomas Welch and Sealy Welch. She left some clothing to Sarah Byrium and Thamer Byrium. The strange thing is that she left some things to "daughter-in-law", Absilla Griffin and "son-in-law" ,William White. I think these were her step children instead of in laws.

Luke Hollowell was a witness for both wills.Joel Byrium and Nicholos Stallings were named as good friends in both wills and in Judah's that they were the executors.

Edward Welch, the cousin of Judah Wallace White was married to Rachel Hollowell, the sister of Luke Hollowell.
Rachel and Luke were the first cousins of Christain Hollowell.
Rachel and Luke's father,Abner, was the brother of Christain's father, John.
Also,the mother of Christain Hollowell was a Stallings.
Luke Hollowell's second wife was a Byrum(Byrium)

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
puzlelady21 30 Nov 2001 12:25PM GMT 
Dianne Hobbs Mickey 7 Dec 2001 2:37AM GMT 
spline32 27 Feb 2007 11:42AM GMT 
puzlelady21 9 Dec 2001 5:48AM GMT 
T. White 30 Dec 2001 4:58AM GMT 
puzlelady 8 Jan 2002 12:49PM GMT 
Tim Gaylord 24 Dec 2002 11:34PM GMT 
puzlelady 25 Dec 2002 1:00AM GMT 
Tim Gaylord 25 Dec 2002 1:42AM GMT 
JoanRussell56 18 Sep 2004 4:19PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions