I have found the following entries on censuses and I am trying to determine if this David and Judah/Juda/Judy are the same couple. Confusion comes with their ages and the names of the children. Does anyone know anything about these folks?
1850 Census: IRELAND, David D. (age 36), Judah (age 24), Sarah E. (age 15) and Lurcy I. (age 11). They lived with a William Linton (age 37) Farmer who was deaf and dumb. Swan Quarter, Hyde Co.
1860 Census, July 29: IRELAND, David (head) age 48, Farmer; Juda (wife) age 30; David (son) age 10, Martha (dau) age 12; Caroline (dau) age 5; Wm. (son) age 2; Jane (dau) age 1. All born NC, parents born NC. Dwelling 791, Lake Comfort Post Office, Hyde Co., NC
1870 Census, July 25: IRELAND, David (age 58) Farmer, Judy (age 43), David (age 17), John G. (age 16), Mary C. (age 13), William W. (age 12), Isreal (age 10), Sobrina (age 8), Patsey (age 7), Laurie E. (age 6), Judy (age 3). Jackson PO, Craven Co., NC
I think the William (age 2 in 1860 and William W. age 12 in 1870) is my 2G-grandfather. Evidently, he was married 3 times:
1. 1880 census: IRELAND, William W. (age 23) Fishing; Nancy A. (age 23) Confined. 373 S. Framont St., ED-43, New Berne, Craven Co., NC.
2. About 1881, William W. Ireland married Annie Smythe in New Berne, NC. They had a son named William Franklin Ireland (b. Aug. 22,1882 in New Berne). William Franklin Ireland is my great-grandfather. He married Cloey Armeta Clark (b. 11-28-1882 in Pamlico Co.). They both died in Norfolk, VA.
3. About 1888, Wiiliam W. married Luella, and had the following 4 children:
1. James b. 1895
2. John b. 9-2-1896, d. 12-31-1989 in New Berne
3. Herbert b. 10-20-1900, d. 11-10-1969 in New Berne. Married Blanche ? (b. 8-16-1906, d. 3-18-2003 in Wilmington). Son: Herbert (b. 3-3-1930
1930 Census, April 3: IRELAND, Herbert (head) age 39, age at 1st marriage=23, Electrician at Electric Shop; Blanche B. (wife) age 23, age at 1st marriage=17; Herbert, Jr. (son) age 1/12. All born NC, parents born NC. 33 Burn St., New Bern, Craven Co., NC.
4. Mary b. 1905.
If any of this information sounds familiar, please contact me.