Search for content in message boards

Looking for any living relative of Paul White Brumsey (1922-2009)

Replies: 0

Looking for any living relative of Paul White Brumsey (1922-2009)

Posted: 17 Apr 2010 1:28PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Brumsey, White
Hi folks,

As hostess of the Currituck Co. website I have been privileged to receive over the years many submissions from various researchers across the country. This past week I received a large box of items from the attorney who handled Paul White Brumsey's estate in Long Beach, California. Paul was the s/o James Brumsey (1864-1953) and his 2nd wife, Ruth Virginia White (1892-1959). Paul had a brother named James C. Brumsey Jr. (1916-1932) and a sister named Sibyl Russell Brumsey (1919-1979) who apparently never married. With the exception of Paul, all of them are buried in the John Thomas Hampton Cemetery in Waterlily.

Some of Paul's White ancestors that are mentioned in this collection are:
1) J.B. (Jasper Beauregard) White who married Sarah Whitehurst
2) Richard B. White who married Sallie Partridge
3) one other name that crops up is Elizabeth Olds Brumsey Kegeblin? (1902-Mar. 14, 1969)

Paul graduated from Poplar Branch High School in 1941. He was a veteran of the US Navy and attended Colorado State University, Columbia University in NY and the University of Cincinnati in Ohio where he graduated in 1951 with 2 degrees. He was employed by Boeing & worked in the space program until his retirement.

Within this box were school report cards starting about 3rd Grade, pictures that he had colored as a young child, cancelled checks, newspaper clippings, letters, a leaf collection, school projects, and many old photos of what I assume are his ancestors. I will be putting a lot of the pictures on the Currituck website when I get back from vacation.

As far as I know, Paul never married or had children so the best I can hope for is perhaps to find a living person that might be interested in his effects. If anyone knows of a living relative to whom this collection might be priceless, please let me know.

Kay Midgett Sheppard
genie12@bellsouth.net

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions