We have a unique opportunity here. We have collected the DNA from a male Hooper who lives on Hatteras Island. He is not able to fund the test (he is quite elderly), so I am hopeful that perhaps others who have the Hooper surname in their family tree but cannot test for Hooper themselves will see this as an opportunity and will help by contributing to the project for his Yline test. Here is his genealogy, by generation.
2. father of participant
3. Isaac King Hooper 1858-1929 married Mary O'Neal
4. Isaac L. Hooper 1836-1873 married Elizabeth Scarborough
5. Ezekiel Hooper b 1810-1820 married Cordelia "Dilly" Morgan
6. Ezekiel Hooper b 1795/1800, dead by 1840 married Hulda
7. Ezekiel Hooper b before 1760 died April 1827, spouse unknown
If you are interested in contributing you can do so directly at http://www.familytreedna.com/group-general-fund-contribution...
and select the Hatteras Y DNA project or you can contact me.