Another name of interest to Hyde, Currituck and Dare County folks as well as Hatteras Island.
DNA results are back for the Henry Gibbs line. He is European, haplogroup J2. You can see the results on the Lost Colony project site at http://www.familytreedna.com/public/LostColonyYDNA
under kit number 14392.
The genealogy of this individual is as follows:
4. William B. Gibbs 1814-1871 married Mary Sadler
5. Sylvester Gibbs 1789-1834 married Elizabeth Spencer
6. Jesse Gibbs 1755-1824 married Mary
7. Joseph Gibbs 1720-1794 married Mary Bronson
8. Henry Gibbs 1693-1763 married Ann Spencer
9. Henry John Gibbs 1675-1784 married Frances?
This line is on Ancestry.com as the Hillsborough Family tree.
I'd love to have more info about the oldest 3 generations or so, I'd love to have it.
I'm also particularly interested in finding maternally descended descendants of Henry Gibbs born in 1693 and any of his children. I strongly suspect that some of his children may have married members of the Mattamuskeet or Hatteras tribes. I'm looking for anyone who descends from any of Henry Gibbs sons or grandsons through all women or anyone who descends from any of his daughters or granddaughters through all women.