Search for content in message boards

Cox family

Replies: 0

Cox family

Posted: 6 Mar 2011 2:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Cox
I am searching for family members of Zachariah Cox, Pitt or Currituck Co., born 1788. His wife's name was Grizzle ?, born 1795, N.C. Their first child, Isaac Bryant, was born, 1815, N.C. They moved to Troup Co., Ga. between 1815-1819, and settled in Upson Co., Ga. I have a DNA match to Absalom Cox, and a John Cox, born around 1770 N.C., died in Indiana. I think his father was Isaac Cox (1750/55--1830/40, Randolph Co) and wife Elizabeth Marley (1745/50--1830/40, Randolph Co). The family may have lived in Chatham County on Rocky River. Isaac and Elizabeth Marley Cox had several children. I am sure I don't know all their names. The ones I do know that they had were Zacharias, James, William, John, Isaac and Mary. If he is the Zacharias in this family, then his brother John, went to the old Northwest and died about 1830 in Ohio. The children moved on to Plainfield, IN. His sister Mary married Jacob Fox (1777--1838) and her husband died in Hendricks County. I know that James Cox stayed in Sandy Creek, Randolph County, NC (1790--1843)and William left N.C. for Indiana. With all this said, I need a DNA match with someone who can trace their male line back to Isaac and Mary Cox, to confirm that my Zachariah belongs to this family. Any help would be appreciated, as I have beat my head against this brickwall for three years trying to find a DNA match.
Lisa

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions