Search for content in message boards

Thompson family Currituck, Thomas, Edmond, William

Replies: 12

Re: Thompson family Currituck, Thomas, Edmond, William

Posted: 31 May 2011 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Jane, I had seen the entries for this Forbes family. I had "assumed" the Census taker made a mistake and got their numbering off. I have seen some comments from others where Census takers had made mistakes with their families as well. Either that, or figured they all lived in the same house for some reason. I will admit, my very first thought was..."did they allow multiple wives back then" because I didn't see the Serly Forbes...just Pollie and the child...but calmer heads prevailed and I wrote it off as a mistake.

I hadn't done too much research on the Orphanage. Daddy did tell us of his life there. I wanted to get the Thompson lineage back as far as I could, possibly even over to England or Ireland..then branch out and flesh it out later. Lots to research, what with all the spouses and stories, etc.

I get Sadie remarrying...I just didn't get putting her children in an Orphanage...now all those children have passed, so we'll probably never know the full story. I do think she was very ill when she passed, so maybe to be optimistic...Mr. Woodhouse was helping her and she was too ill to care for them. I found her death certificate, but didn't understand the term for her illness.

BTW...I had heard the same stories about Dr. Griggs...though I didn't realize he was around that far back. I thought he was more in the 1900's. Anyway.. thank you again for your assistance. The additional info about her working for her second cousin was new to me.

Have a wonderful rest of the week, and good luck on your own researching. Cathy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
catmosley2 31 May 2011 2:15AM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 2:47PM GMT 
catmosley2 31 May 2011 4:08PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 5:10PM GMT 
catmosley2 31 May 2011 5:46PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 9:02PM GMT 
catmosley2 1 Jun 2011 12:32AM GMT 
ThreeGuards 1 Jun 2011 3:14AM GMT 
catmosley2 7 Jun 2011 12:45PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 7 Jun 2011 1:04PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions