Search for content in message boards

Thompson family Currituck, Thomas, Edmond, William

Replies: 12

Re: Thompson family Currituck, Thomas, Edmond, William

Posted: 31 May 2011 11:46AM GMT
Classification: Query
Yeah, I'm not putting any stock in that shipwreck story either. My oldest brother is a writer, and he romanticized it in his head, and wants to believe it. My Aunt Minnie told "me" that there were five brothers twho came here and we were from them. Interestingly enough, I actually found a similar story from a Thompson branch out of Massachusetts. There were six brothers born to one of them. One of them, James, chose to stay up there, but the other five went to "the Carolinas" and according to that genealogist, they pretty much disappeared. Even in working from that angle, I'm having trouble making the leap to my William.

BTW, I did get a response from John, and now I understand why he wanted to go that route. He had 28 pages of information. Some of which I think may be helpful.

One of these days, I'd like to flesh out the Owens side of the family. How close in line are you to Sarah/Sadie? I never knew my Grandmother Sadie, as she passed away when my father was still young. No one in the family had ever been told she remarried; Daddy never talked about it at all. She ended up sending my father and his siblings to the Oddfellow Orphanage in Goldsboro, NC and we had always been told it was because she was too ill, and destitute, to take care of them. I was saddened to see she married Mr. Woodhouse around 1920 and sent the first three of her five children to the Orphanage in 1921. Then in 1924, she sent the last two, the youngest. Now I wonder if he was the cause of them having to go...just odd. Have you heard anything about him in your family history? Her tombstone does not say Woodhouse, but Thompson. Odd again... Also, one of my cousins stated that a local doctor had pretty much stolen the Thompson house from Grandma Sadie for very little money, so now I wonder if he was the Woodhouse she married... If you know any of this background, I would surely like to know. It all makes me rather sad for my Daddy, if any of that were true.

Thanks, Cathy

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
catmosley2 31 May 2011 2:15AM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 2:47PM GMT 
catmosley2 31 May 2011 4:08PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 5:10PM GMT 
catmosley2 31 May 2011 5:46PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 31 May 2011 9:02PM GMT 
catmosley2 1 Jun 2011 12:32AM GMT 
ThreeGuards 1 Jun 2011 3:14AM GMT 
catmosley2 7 Jun 2011 12:45PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 7 Jun 2011 1:04PM GMT