Search for content in message boards

1830 Carteret to Currituck County Census error on Ancestry.com

Replies: 4

Re: 1830 Carteret to Currituck County Census error on Ancestry.com

Posted: 16 Aug 2011 3:36PM GMT
Classification: Query
After some encouragement from the Currituck message board I sent a message concerning this error to ancestry on Sunday Aug 14. By Monday Aug. 15 I had a polite answer from Ancestry requesting the citation for the page that was in error. Today, Aug. 16 I had another nice response:

We appreciate your message.Thank you for bringing this error to our attention. We will submit this to our programmers and they will correct it as soon as they are able. We strive to have accurate records, and we do have a 99% accuracy rate, however with over 4 billion records there are still a number of records that may have errors. It is a very complex and involved process to fix a record in error, as the entire database collection requires attention to fix even a small issue. In most cases, resolving census issues requires research, individual rescanning, and other time consuming processes. For this reason, the resolution may take longer than other website errors. Thank you for your patience.If there is anything else with which we might assist you, please let us know.

Needless to say I was very pleased with this response. I don't know if this will correct all the county problems, but I will be encouraged to try again if it doesn't.

Nancy
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NancyMSmith 14 Aug 2011 1:55AM GMT 
JJFrenchWood 14 Aug 2011 1:30PM GMT 
silkberry 14 Aug 2011 3:56PM GMT 
NancyMSmith 14 Aug 2011 5:08PM GMT 
NancyMSmith 16 Aug 2011 9:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic