Search for content in message boards

Old Cooper Cemetery-Knotts Island

Replies: 6

Re: Old Cooper Cemetery-Knotts Island

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 4:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
While it is true that you have the right to go into a cemetery on private property if you have relatives, it is also true that the landowner can order you off and in that case you must go to the Clerk of Court and have them set up a day and time for you to visit the cemetery. For those who live near by you can also check to see if the Cemetery was exempted from the deed at ANY TIME once the Cemetery has been exempted from a deed no matter how old, then the cemetery does not convey with the property no matter how many times it gets sold. Trust me my friend and I ran into this while photographing Cemeteries for Currituck and even though the property had been exempted from the deed we still had the police called on us and to keep peace the Clerk of Court wanted us to make an appointment even though legally we had a right to go on the porperty. If it is exempted from the deed anyone can go on the property not just relatives.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Holly Carter 9 Mar 2013 11:42PM GMT 
silkberry 10 Mar 2013 12:00AM GMT 
Holly Carter 10 Mar 2013 1:09AM GMT 
ThreeGuards 10 Mar 2013 12:49AM GMT 
judy brickhou... 10 Mar 2013 10:48PM GMT 
taderbug 11 Mar 2013 1:22PM GMT 
Holly Carter 11 Mar 2013 8:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions