Search for content in message boards

Frances/Caleb Etheridge

Replies: 0

Frances/Caleb Etheridge

Posted: 30 Mar 2013 9:08PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Etheridge
Does anyone have information on the family below?
This is the Will of one Frances Etheridge of Currituck County North Carolina.
Frances Etheridge
July 29, 1803 - Sept. 22, 1803
Currituck Co. Will Book 2, p. 228

In the name of God Amen, I Frances Etheridge of the County of Currituck and State of North Carolina, being of sound and perfect mind and memory, blessed be God, do this twenty ninth day of July in the year of our Lord one thousand eight hundred and three, make and publish this my Last Will and Testament in the following manner, that is to say first.

Item I give and bequeath to my Son John Wheatley the land and plantation I now live upon containing fifty acres more or less to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath unto my Son John Wheatley three hogsheads to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath unto my Son John Wheatley one bed and furniture to him and his heirs forever.

Item I give and bequeath unto my Daughter Fanny Etheridge one cow and calf by the name of Cherry to her and her heirs forever.

and the remainder part of my property to be sold and equally divided between my Son Thomas Etheridge, Frances Etheridge, Nicholas Etheridge and Fanny Etheridge.

I make and ordain my worthy Son John Wheatley executor of this my Last Will and Testament in witness whereof I the said Frances Etheridge have to this my Last Will and Testament set my hand and seal the day and year above written
/s/ Frances [her mark] Etheridge

signed sealed and delivered in presence
Thomas Allison jurat
Caleb Cox
Court Minutes of Currituck County North Carolina
Tuesday, August 26, 1800
Ordered that John Northern Esq., Joseph Ballentine, Henry Ballentine & Thomas Cox…audit and settle the accounts of Francis (?) Etheridge Administrator of the Estate of Caleb Etheridge decd. and make return to next court.
It also has these Court Minutes as well.
Tuesday, August 26, 1800
On the Presentment (?) of the Grand Jury ordered that Joseph Ballentine Constable bring to this Court now sitting Thomas Etheridge orphan of Francis Etheridge in order that he may be bound out agreeable to Law.
Audited Accounts Returned & Examined by the Court at Feby. Term 1801
Frances Etheridge Admx. Audited acct. with the Estate of Caleb Etheridge Decd. Balance Due the Estate as pr. acct. filed...35 - 15 - 3
Monday 26th Feby. 1810
Ordered that Matthias Bell have the right of administering on the estate of Francis Etheridge decd. who qualified & entered into bond with James Etheridge Jun. & Wm. Etheridge of £500.
Is this the same Frances that is listed in the Court Minutes?
Is this Caleb mentioned in the Court Minutes the Brother, the son or the Grandson of Willis Etheridge from Currituck County North Carolina? As James Jr. and William are both mentioned.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions