Search for content in message boards

Bright-Bennett-Ballentine

Replies: 4

Re: Bright-Bennett-Ballentine

Posted: 22 Apr 2012 4:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
What is your source for Samuel (b. 1761 - 1845) Ferebee's wife, Sarah, being the daughter of Henry and Mary
Ballentine?

Willoughby Dauge, Sr., in his will of 24 Nov 1804 names two of his daughters, Sarah Ferebee and Peggy Ferebee. He does not specifically say Samuel Ferebee is his son-in-law but he mentions land of Samuel's.

In Samuel's will of 1844, he states:

Item
I give and bequeath to my son JAMES M. FEREBEE to him and his heirs a tract of land called Johns Clearing that I bought of William Dozier and Robert Barnard and Samuel Gregory and a piece of land called Pells that Willoughby Dozier Sen., gave in his will to Sally & Margaret Ferebees heirs all containing about one hundred and sixty acres of land the deeds will give the boundries . . .
------------
Samuel Ferebee received land grants in eastern Tennessee from the federal government for serving as an officer in the Continental Army. He sold this land in Stewart County on 4 Oct. 1808 to Caleb Williams. His brother-in-law, Enoch Dauge, who was living in Davidson County acted as his attorney in fact (Stewart Co.TN. DB.2,p.286).

If I am wrong about this, please give me your source(s).

Thanks,
Jean
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lcates81 12 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
derylbennett 6 May 2006 8:19PM GMT 
laurabbright 20 Jun 2009 9:07PM GMT 
Amelia Buntin... 21 Apr 2012 9:56PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 22 Apr 2012 10:50PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic