Search for content in message boards

Ancestors of Mark Sawyer

Replies: 33

Re: Ancestors of Mark Sawyer

Posted: 24 Apr 2013 5:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Forbes, Sawyer, Curling
While I have Sawyers in my background this is another group. However, I may be able to help. In my records I have a Simeon Sawyer 1812-aft 1849, m. July w/5 children
------
Have you seen Jacob Sawyer Jr's (abt 1755 - Aug 1827) will?
Currituck Co. He was Simeon's grandfather.
------
Will Book 3. 4 Aug 1827 -
--
Wife: Sarah (all the property I got by marriage with her).
Sons: Frederick, decd., Jacob, decd., Jesse, and son Zephaniah's children.
--
Grandsons: Edmund Sawyer son of Jacob, Caleb Sawyer, Daniel Padrick, Willoughby, Wilson and Simeon Sawyer, heirs of Frederick.
--
Granddaughter: Nancy Forbes (gave her mother her part before she died).
Exr: Son Jesse. Wit: Thos Poyner, Wm. Graves.
------
A rootweb link for his will no longer works!!!
http://www.rootsweb.com/~nccurrit/wills/sawyerjacob1819.html
Ancestry was supposed to maintain what Rootsweb had but things keep disappearing.
--
I am glad that I copied it. Here's my image of things:
------
Jacob Sawyer
August 24, 1819; Aug. Term 1827
Currituck Co. Will Book 3; pg. 228-229
--
In the name of God Amen. I Jacob SAWYER of the State of North Carolina and County of Currituck being in a state of health and of sound mind and memory thanks be to God for the same, calling to mind that it is ordained for man to die, do this twenty fourth day of August one thousand eighteen hundred and nineteen make and ordain this my Last Will and Testament in the manner and form as follows.
--
First of all I desire my body should be buried in a plain decent manner nothing doubting, but I shall receive the same by the mighty power of God in the morning of the reserection, as for my soul, I give up unto the hands of God looking for me justification by the righteousness of a dear Redeemer, as for my worldly goods with which it hath pleased God to bless me with I dispose of the same in the following manner.
--

First. I give unto the heirs of my Son Frederick SAWYER Dec’d. eight dollars, to them and their heirs forever.
Item. My will and desire is and I do give unto my Wife Sarah SAWYER all the property I got by marrage with her of what kind or nature soever.
--
Item. I give unto my Grand Daughter Nancy FORBES one dollar in full of her part of my estate, I have given her Mother her part before her death.
--
Item. I give unto my Grand Son Edmund SAWYER Son of Jacob SAWYER Dec’d. ten dollars in full of his part of my estate.
--
Item. I give unto my Grand Son Daniel PADRICK one dollar to him and his heirs forever.
--
Item. I give unto my Grand Son Caleb SAWYER one negro girl named Harriot, also one mare colt to him and his heirs forever.
--
Item. I give unto my Son Jesse SAWYER a piece of land beginning on the sound at a cypress, thence eastwardly to a ditch leading to a small swamp, thence eastwardly to the main road, then a southwardly to the land of Jacob AYDELOTT, thence westwardly to the sound, thence to the beginning to him and his heirs forever.
--
Item. I give unto my Son Jesse SAWYER one third part of all the remainder of my estate that I have not already given away to him and his heirs forever.
--
Item. I give unto my Grand Sons Willoughby SAWYER, Wilson SAWYER and Simeon SAWYER, one third part of all the remainder of my estate not given in particular legacies before the gift to my Son Jesse to be equally divided between them to them and their heirs forever.
--
Item. I give unto my Son Zephaniah SAWYERs children one third part of my estate or remainder not given away, in particular legacies before the gift unto my Son Jesse SAWYER to them and their heirs forever.
--
Lastly of all I do nominate and ordain my Son Jesse SAWYER my executor to this my Last Will and Testament. In witness whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal the day and year first above written
--
Jacob SAWYER seal
--
Signed, sealed, published and declared by the testator to be his Last Will and Testament in presence of
Thos. POYNER
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JeanPenSund 3 Feb 2013 4:48AM GMT 
sosia1 24 Apr 2013 4:24PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 24 Apr 2013 8:53PM GMT 
sosia1 26 Apr 2013 5:22PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 27 Apr 2013 4:59PM GMT 
sosia1 17 Feb 2014 3:41AM GMT 
rrjh1 24 Apr 2013 11:19PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 24 Apr 2013 11:44PM GMT 
sosia1 26 Apr 2013 5:29PM GMT 
sosia1 26 Apr 2013 5:32PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions