Search for content in message boards

Thomas Jarvis Descendents

Replies: 17

Re: Thomas Jarvis Descendents

Posted: 31 Aug 2010 1:15PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jarvis, Padrick, Gregory
You probably already have the information, but here is a copy of a Will that proves the parentage of Foster and John Jarvis:

Currituck County Wills

William Jarves
April 10, 1774; Oct. 4, 1774
Currituck Co. Will Book 1, p. 96
In the Name of God Amen, I WILLIAM JARVES of the County of Currituck and Province of N. Carolina being very sick and weak of body but of a perfect mind and memory Thanks be to God for the same calling to mind that it is appointed for all men to die do make and ordain this instrement of writeing my Last Will and Testament in manner and form as followeth, princeply and first of all I give and recommend my soul to Almighty God that first gave me, nothyng doubting but to receive by the mighty power of Gods parden for my sins in and through the merit of my blessed redeemer Jesus Christ and as touching those worldly goods where with it has pleased God to bless me with I give in manner and form as followeth---------

Impremis: I give and bequeath unto my two Sons FOSTER and JOHN JARVES and their heirs my plantation and tract of land on Churches Island to be equally devided betweem them and the heirs of their bodys lawfully begoten forever I also give unto my Son JOHN JARVES one horse. I also give all the remaind of my parsonal estate to be equally devided between my two Sons afsd.

My will and desire is that my Sister ELISABETH JARVES should have the use of the house wherein she now lives and as much of the plantation as will reasonably support her during her natural life.

I leave my two Sons FOSTER and JOHN JARVES my executors of this my Last Will and Testament utterly disannuling all others in testemony whereof I have hereunto set my hand and seal this tenth day of Aprel Anno Domini 1774

WILLIAM JARVES and a seal
his "W" mark

Signed sealed published and
declared in the presents of

SAML JARVES Jun.

JOSEPH WALLS
his mark

ELIJAH FISHER

Recorded and examined
the 4 th day of October 1774

Also, I believe that Jonathan Jarvis' daughter Sarah married (secondly) Capt. (Rev War) John Padrick and bore two sons, Joseph and Jesse. She was not listed on the 1800 census. Capt Padrick remarried to unknown.

Jonathan's Will indicates that Sarah was first married to a Mr Gregory and had two children named in the Will, Thomas and Elizabeth Gregory.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Erma 26 Jun 2005 9:06PM GMT 
Janet Pinkham 27 Jun 2005 4:12PM GMT 
Ellen Williams 17 Jan 2006 5:02PM GMT 
ThreeGuards 19 Jan 2006 10:34PM GMT 
Ellen Williams 20 Jan 2006 12:22AM GMT 
ERMAHoldman55... 30 Aug 2010 1:13PM GMT 
Flight64 31 Aug 2010 7:15PM GMT 
layc520 2 Jun 2014 5:46PM GMT 
Julia French-... 2 Jun 2014 6:10PM GMT 
EllenWilliams 17 Jun 2006 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions