Daniel Rothrock of Davidson County
It has been 12 years since I posted the original missive and I have found out a lot since then. Here is an update:
Daniel ROTHROCK was born 24 Oct 1794 at Friedberg, present day Forsyth County, North Carolina. He was the tenth and final child of Philip ROTHROCK (1746 1825) and Eva Elizabeth WELLER ROTHROCK (1749 1839). Daniel died 09 Jun 1880 at Davidson Co., NC. He married Anna Margaretha BOECKEL (PICKEL?) on 04 Jul 1820 at Friedberg, then Stokes Co., NC. Anna was born 28 Nov 1802 and died 06 Jul 1861. Daniel and Anna are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. Anna (did she go by Rebecca?) was the daughter of Tobias BOECKEL (became PICKLE/PICKEL) (1768-1807) and Anna Margaretha (went by Margaret) FISHEL BOECKEL (1772-1825). After Tobias died, Margaret remarried to John Heinrich (went by Henry) SHORE in 1809. Anna had a sister Maria Catharina BOECKEL who married Daniel's brother Christian ROTHROCK. The Daniel ROTHROCK family is listed in the 1850 and 1860 Forsyth County census. In 1870 Daniel was living with his daughter Marie and her family. In 1880 DANIEL was living with his daughter Anna at Arcadia Township, Davidson County, NC. Daniel and Anna BOECKEL ROTHROCK were the parents of nine known children and 23 known grandchildren:
1. Thomas ROTHROCK (1821 1851) married Salome Lucinda HOLDER (1823 1886) in 1845. The widow Lucinda married John BROWN (c1798-1884) in 1857. Thomas and Lucinda are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. They were the parents of four children: John Henry ROTHROCK (1847 1917); Daniel Martin ROTHROCK (1849 1927); Naaman Abraham ROTHROCK (1851 1877); and Isabella ROTHROCK (1851 ???). (was Isabelle areally a twin of Naaman?) Lucinda and John had one child. The Thomas ROTHROCK and John BROWN families lived in Forsyth Co., NC. Lucinda was the daughter of John HOLDER (1773 1824) and Maria (Sarah or Sally) Salome LANIUS (1783 1849). The son John Henry ROTHROCK is the grandfather of the famous basketball coach at UCLA John WOODEN.
2. Allen ROTHROCK (1823 1825); buried at Friedberg Moravian
3. Rosina Lisette ROTHROCK (1827 1832); buried at Friedberg Moravian
4. Anna Margaret ROTHROCK (1830 1909) married Jacob Timothy FISHEL (1835 1915) in 1857 at Forsyth Co., NC. Jacob was the son of David Adam FISHEL (1806-1878) and Catherina CLODFELTER FISHEL (1812-1837). Anna and Jacob lived at Forsyth and then Davidson Co., NC. They eight children, of whom seven are known: Sarah Catherine FISHEL (1858 1884) (married Leopold (or John?) EVANS (1852-1888); Francis Orestes FISHEL (1859 1920); Jacob Andrew FISHEL (1861 1927); John Wesley FISHEL (1863 1940); Mary Elizabeth FISHEL (1865 1955) (married Armenius S. LINEBACK, 1861 1934); Alice Augusta (1868 1920) (married George Augustus MOCK (1866 1892); and Emma Sophia FISHEL (1870 1953) (married Christian Joshua FLOYD, 1867-1946). Anna and Jacob are buried at Friedberg Moravian.
5. Eve Elizabeth ROTHROCK (1834 1849); buried at Friedberg Moravian
6. Regina Catharine ROTHROCK (1837 1851); buried at Friedberg Moravian
7. Marie Henrietta ROTHROCK (1839 1904) married James Casper SHUTT (1845 1911 in 1865 at Forsyth Co., NC. Both are buried at Friedberg Moravian. James was the son of Solomon SCHOTT/SHUTT (1816-1880) and Salome VOLZ (1816 1852). Marie and James were the parents of six known children: David F. (1866 1935); Henry (David?) (1868 1935); Adda Louise (1870 1884); Frances Verona (1872-1960) (married Albert Lee GRIFFITH); Samuel Eugene (1874 1943); John Sylvester (1876 1935); Gertrude H. (1879 1896) and Augusta Roberta (1882-1939) (married Lorenzo Grant Frazier (1880-1941)). I need much help on the descendants fo this family.
8. Maria Salome (Sarah) ROTHROCK (1841 1880) married Josiah C. MILLER (1838 1922) in 1867 at Davidson Co., NC. Sarah and Josiah are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. Josiah was the son of Jesse MILLER (1810 1870) and Louisa FISCHEL (1815 1882). They were the parents of one known child; Charles Wilborn Miller (1869-1906). I need much help on this family and their descendants.
9. Nancy Melvina ROTHROCK (1845 1920) married Martin James MILLER (1845 1921) in about 1869. Martin was a brother of Josiah, who married Melvina's elder sister Sarah. Melvina and Martin are buried at Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. They were the parents fo three known children: Lilly Glendora (1870 1885); Robert Benjamin (1872 1955) and Eugene Franklin (1879 1954). I need much help on this family and their descendants.
If anyone has any information to trade on this family or their descendants please contact me. Dan.Stevenson@cobham.com