Daniel ROTHROCK was born 24 Oct 1794 at Friedberg, present day Forsyth County, North Carolina. He was the tenth and final child of Philip ROTHROCK (1746-1825) and Eva Elizabeth WELLER ROTHROCK (1749-1839). Daniel died 09 Jun 1880 at Davidson Co., NC. He married Anna Margaretha BOECKEL (PICKEL?) on 04 Jul 1820 at Friedberg, then Stokes Co., NC. Anna was born 28 Nov 1802 and died 06 Jul 1861. Daniel and Anna are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. Anna (did she go by Rebecca?) was the daughter of Tobias BOECKEL (PICKEL?). I know nothing else of Anna's parents. Anna had a sister Maria Catharina BOECKEL who married Daniel's brother Christian ROTHROCK. The Daniel ROTHROCK family is listed in the 1850 and 1860 Forsyth County census. In 1870 Daniel was living with his daughter Marie and her family. In 1880 DANIEL was living with his daughter Anna at Arcadia Township, Davidson County, NC. Daniel and Anna BOECKEL ROTHROCK were the parents of nine known children and 24 known grandchildren:
1. Thomas ROTHROCK (1821-1851) married Salome Lucinda HOLDER (1823-1886) in 1845. The widow Lucinda married John BROWN in 1857. Thomas and Lucinda are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. They were the parents of four children: John Henry ROTHROCK (1847-1917); Daniel Martin ROTHROCK (1849-1927); Naaman Abraham ROTHROCK (1851-1877); and Isabella ROTHROCK (1851-???). Lucinda and John had one child. The Thomas ROTHROCK and John BROWN families lived in Forsyth Co., NC. Lucinda was the daughter of John HOLDER (1773-1824) and Maria (Sarah or Sally) Salome LANIUS (1783-1849). The son John Henry ROTHROCK is the grandfather of the famous basketball coach at UCLA John WOODEN.
2. Allen ROTHROCK (1823-1825); buried at Friedberg Moravian
3. Rosina Lisette ROTHROCK (1827-1832); buried at Friedberg Moravian
4. Anna Margaret ROTHROCK (1830-1909) married Jacob Timothy FISHEL (1835-1915) in 1857 at Forsyth Co., NC. They lived at Forsyth and then Davidson Co., NC. They eight children, of whom seven are known: Sarah R. (1858-???), Francis A. (1860-???); Jacob M. (1861-???); John Wesley (1863-1940); Mary E. (1865-1955)(married Armenius S. LINEBACK, 1861-1934); Alice Augusta (1868-1920) (married George Augustus MOCK (1866-1892); and Emma S. (1870-1953) (married Christian Joshua FLOYD, ???-???). Anna and Jacob are buried at Friedberg Moravian. Jacob was the son of David Adam FISHEL (1806-1878) and Lydia CLODFELTER (1812-1892). I need additional information on the FISHEL descendants. Are there any FISHEL researchers out there?
5. Eve Elizabeth ROTHROCK (1834-1849); buried at Friedberg Moravian
6. Regina Catharine ROTHROCK (1837-1851); buried at Friedberg Moravian
7. Marie Henrietta ROTHROCK (1839-1904) married James Casper SHUTT (1845-1911 in 1865 at Forsyth Co., NC. Both are buried at Friedberg Moravian. James was the son of Solomon SCHOTT (???-???) and Salome VOLZ (1816-1852). Marie and James were the parents of six known children: David F. (1866-1935); Henry (David?) (1868-???); Adda Louise (1870-1884); Samuel Eugene (1874-1943); John Sylvester (1876-1935) and Gertrude H. (1879-1896). Some records list an additional two children: Fannie (married Lee GRIFFITH) and Augusta (married Leronzo FRAZIER). Is this true? I need much help on the descendants fo this family.
8. Maria Salome (Sarah) ROTHROCK (1841-1880) married Josiah C. MILLER (1838-1922) in 1867 at Davidson Co., NC. Sarah and Josiah are buried at the Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. Josiah was the son of Jesse MILLER (1810-1870) and Louisa FISCHEL (1815-1882). They were the parents of at least eight children: Charles W. (1869-???); W. Edward (???-???); Morris (???-???); Ann (???-???); Charles (???-???); Sarah (???-???); Walter A. (???-???); and A. John (???-???). I need much help on this family and their descendants.
9. Nancy Melvina ROTHROCK (1845-1920) married Martin James MILLER (1845-1921) in about 1869. Martin was a brother of Josiah, who married Melvina's elder sister Sarah. Melvina and Martin are buried at Friedberg Moravian Graveyard. They were the parents fo three known children: Lilly Glendora (1870-1885); Robert (1873-???) and Eugene (1879-???). I need much help on this family and their descendants.
If anyone has any information to trade on this family or their descendants please contact me. Dan_Stevenson@sparta.com