Search for content in message boards

ancestrial history within the Hinson and Jones

Replies: 1

Re: ancestrial history within the Hinson and Jones

Posted: 14 Feb 2009 6:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hinson
I have the following summary on my line and a few notes. I have very few sources, most via family etc-- therefore subject to changes.
[1] Jesse Hinson
Children Aaron Hinson
Joseph Hinson
Martin Hinson
[2] Martin Hinson-- wife Hearthy??
Children Needham Hinson
Charlotte Hinson
[3] Needham Hinson and wife Lena-- [ to Alabama]
Children of Needham Hinson and Lena [Hinson] are:
1 Mary Alice Hinson, born December 24, 1837 in Wayne Co., NC; died July 25, 1907 in Ponce de Leon, Holmes Co., FL; married Warren DeCosa [DeCosta] Jackson November 02, 1856 in Clayton, Barbour Co., AL.[my g grandparents]
2 Robin Hinson-born 5 Feb. 1818 Lenoir County, NC married Elizabeth Elmore
3 Elizabeth Hinson-born 1818, Lenoir County, NC- married Charles Hays moved to Washington Co., AL
4 Edith [ Eady] Hinson-born 1823, Lenoir County, NC- married John Ward
5 Aaron M. Hinson-born 1824- married Nancy Price, 27 Feb. 1853, Barbour Co.,AL
6 Martin M. Hinson-born 1830 Lenoir County, NC- married Mary Albritton
7 Lucy Malinda [Winni?] Hinson -born Nov. 24, 1838-married Jesse Hinson
8 Lewis born 1835
9 Levi H. Hinson born 1840 Wayne County, NC died 1863
10 Hartie Hinson married John Elmore

I put no dates for Jesse, Martin and Needham as I trust none that I've seen. Even Martin who in 1850 stated he was 93, so born 1757 is not to be trusted, many added years as they got older. He was a substiute for a Jesse Hinson in 1781. Based on that he could have been born as late as 1762. In my notes I had Martin as Martin F. Hinson. Have no idea where I got that. Also I've wondered if his wife Hearthy was not actually Hardy. In 1842 Jesse Hinson, Parrot M. Hardy and Henry H. Gibbons petitioned to have their residence changed from Lenoir Co., NC to Greene Co. as they lived on the line with some of their land in Greene Co. Among those signing petition James and Wm. M Albritton. [ Martin son of Needham m. Mary Albritton]. I see on the Internet that East Carolina U. at Greenville has in it's Manuscrit Collection the "Elmore Family Papers[ 1821-1976]-- with genealogical data on Elmore, Parks, Hinson, Smith, Summerlin, Ivey, Best and Rouse families of Wayne and Lenoir Cos. Have you seem them? Thurman Hinson Jackson Jr [Buddy]

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
carrottop1492 12 Jan 2008 11:49PM GMT 
thurman34 15 Feb 2009 1:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions