Search for content in message boards

BOBENRIETH in Durham

Replies: 15

Re: BOBENRIETH in Durham

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 11:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bobenrieth, Armstrong
I did give them the information. I had emailed them to see what information they could provide me and indicated that I thought the person they had on their site was my great grandfather. They put it in their site and I am still trying to verify that he was the person they referred to as being a scottish architect. He lived in Ealing in Middlesex in Acton and Ealing from 1889 onward. His address in Ealing was 25 Montpelier Rd. The 1901 Census has his occupation as Civil Engineer. The name of the house was Eden Hall and one of the occupants I spoke to 3 years ago indicated that the nameplate existed somewhere on the property. I had hoped to go back to the Ealing library to get some information on the residence and to see if there were records in their archives on whether John designed it. He did design the improvements to the house he retired to in Hyeres France according to his cousin Doreen. I met her on a trip to Britain a couple of years ago. Unfortunately she is now suffering from Alzheimers.

How is it that you are interested in John other than being a Bobenrieth? John had a brother George and a sister Helen. His father was James Armstrong and his mother Helen Armstrong place of birth unknown but likely Scotland. As for Marie Marthe Bobenrieth her mother remarried twice after the death of Marie's father. Marie apparently was sent to Austria to study and then off to London to improve her English. She was companion to the wife of a silk-lamp shade maker. John was a quaker and Marie Marthe was catholic. The children, my grandfather John James and his brother Ronald George were schooled at Bootham Quaker School. Marie was well educatged and had a group of women who would father at the home on Mt. Pellier and discuss a wide variety of topics. John was on the peace committee at the Longwood Quaker Meeting.

I will try to add more information onto John's profile on ancestry soon.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dave Bobenrieth 30 Dec 1999 12:00PM GMT 
fhc3343529 11 Dec 2004 7:32PM GMT 
stevenmrobb 29 Sep 2009 3:55PM GMT 
angsarber 5 Sep 2010 2:41AM GMT 
stevenmrobb 6 Sep 2010 6:35PM GMT 
angsarber 7 Sep 2010 5:17AM GMT 
dboben 26 Oct 2011 10:09PM GMT 
angsarber 27 Oct 2011 4:27AM GMT 
dboben 30 Oct 2011 2:09PM GMT 
angsarber 31 Oct 2011 3:24AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions