Search for content in message boards

Looking for Sherrod family history, Henry Sherrod, Carey Sherrod

Replies: 1

Re: Looking for Sherrod family history, Henry Sherrod, Carey Sherrod

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 10:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
No relation. I have two entries in my book of Abstract Wills of Edgecombe Co. NC 1733-1856 for the families of SHERROD.
I am not finding any Henry sr... but strange only two wills listed over this time for the Sherrod family.
One of these have initals as the name, and most likely the father of the other will listed.
Just throwing this out, and hoping you might find some connection to your dead end in your searching.
Posting as listed. Both wills are on page 300 and 301.

SHERROD, J.WILLIAMS
May 1, 1778. May court 1778.
Wife: UNITY, life estate in plantation I now live on at mouth of Sue Branch, on the lines of Hatcher's Swamp to Rooty Branch, up Ruty Branch, Tyanacco Swamp; use of 2 negroes Jack and Cad; use of household goods, stock of all kinds; children not married come of age or marry, wife to give each 3 cows and calves; bed, 2 sheets, bolster, horse, sheep. Daughter: CATRON SUMNER, 1 bed, 2 sheets, bolster; I desire my negroes Jack and
Cad to be kept together for use in raising my children until youngest is of age; moveable property sold for ready money, divided between my 8 children: RHODA, SOLOMON, CATHERINE SUMNER, RACHEL SHERROD, ROBERT JOLLY WILLIAMS, UNITY and JOHN SHERROD. I lend the use of my still to my wife while my son JOHN comes of age then to JOHN SHERROD; Plantation to son: WILLIAM SHERROD; sons: JOHN SHERROD, land south side of Ruty Branch, strikes Tyanacoco path etc; JOLLY SHERROD, land on Ruty Branch, Jack's Branch, mouth of Unity Branch, and Hatcher's Swamp; ROBERT SHERROD, land Jack's Branch and JOHN DIKINSON'S line, down Hatcher's Swamp to William Fort's line; Cousin JOHN SHERROD, land at mouth of Sue Branch, Hatcher's Swamp; horse, Gilbert, money in my care belonging to him. Exxr: Rbt. Coleman, John Sumner, James Wilson, Wit: W.Haywood, Geo. Linch, Olive Linch.

JAMES SHERROD
Jan 15, 1849 No probate or Registry. Wife & Extx: NANCY, all estate during life or widowhood; should she marry she to have child's part; children not named.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ssherrod37 2 May 2008 12:54AM GMT 
Joyce1812va1 4 Sep 2013 4:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic