Search for content in message boards

Looking for Sherrod family history, Henry Sherrod, Carey Sherrod

Replies: 1

Looking for Sherrod family history, Henry Sherrod, Carey Sherrod

Posted: 1 May 2008 6:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Sherrod, Cuffee, Ridley, Wilson, Demby, Bass, Barnes
Hi,

I'm a Sherrod and I am looking for relatives that stem from Martin/Edgecombe NC area. I currently have census information for Henry Sherrod my ggrandfather who was born approx between 1878-1882 (it's unclear in the reports as well). Henry was Married to Mary Ridley who lived from 1888-1992. They had a son Andrew Sherrod my grandfather of Martin Co. was born 1909 and was murdered sometime around 1935 or so. I believe Henry's parents may have been Carey(born abt 1844) & Cherry Sherrod of Edgecombe, but at this point things seem to get fuzzy. The 1910 has Henry & Mary's race as Mullatto and I have met my ggrandmother on several occasions in Bridgeton NJ and she is very fair skinned with long hair and passed away at 105 (too bad I didn't have these question as a youngster when she was still alive as she was a brilliant woman who wrote childrens books in her day and could recite them from memory til death. Many members of my family have indian connections of some sort. There is also a Charity Martin who lived with Henry and Mary which holds keys to many Indian census reports connecting Mildred Wilson back to the Cuffee indians, Bass Indians, and Martin indians from Deep Creek VA & Prince Ann Area. Could anyone possibly shed some light on this for me? It's been a real journey!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ssherrod37 2 May 2008 12:54AM GMT 
Joyce1812va1 4 Sep 2013 4:35PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic