Search for content in message boards

Charles Flemming Rev. war soldier Edgecombe county NC

Replies: 2

Re: Charles Flemming Rev. war soldier Edgecombe county NC

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 5:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
In my book ABSTRACT OF WILLS OF EDGECOMBE COUNTY NC 1733-1856
on page 127-128 there are three FLEMMING families/wills listed.
Charles Fleming November 27 1824 March Court 1829 Book F page 105 Wife& Extx: ELIZABETH FLEMING. Exxr: William Drake. Wit: Henry Drake, Levi Drake.

Frederick Fleming
Sept 4 `1855 Nov.Court 1855 Book G page 116 Wife: Mary Ann, whole estate, reverson to children; Balzarah Absalom, Leonora, ann Arsena, George Ella, and if there be another within 10 months after my death. Adm: Amos W. Cobb Wit: A.B. Nobels E.E. Cobb (note-fo;ed as F.D.L. Fleming's Will)

Willis Fleming
a;pr 9 1850 Feb Court 1855 Book G pg.96 Wife:
sarah 1/3 of all lands, dwelling and out houses, 8 slaves during widowhood: Daughter: Arcena L. Skinner, wife of Andrew Skinner, slaves and property revert to next of kin
Daughter in lawm Nancy Ann Flemming, wife of my son Jesse L. Flemming, in trust of John Norfleet, 220 acres tract of land in Halifax County and 1 negro. Reversion to family.
Daughter: Zilla Ann Peelm wife of hgenry W. peel, property left in trust of John Norfleet. If no heirs, reversion to my legal heirs; sons: Frederick D.L. Fleming and Ninnian B, Fleming, young negro each, etc.; daughter: Sally Ann F. Fleming, young negro girl, etc. Exr: Frederick d. Little, William Thigpen. Wit: Wm. H. Hines, John R. Hines. /codicil, witnessed by J.D,Roundtree and Geo. Howard jr. Sarah Flemming qualified, entered $10,000.00 security bond with William Thighpen and Bennett Pitt, Note- A very long and complicated will, disposing of much property.

---------------
I hope this of some help
Wow.. 10G back in 1850 need to find an inflation chart to see what that would be worth today.

Joyce

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jamesfleming9... 30 Dec 2012 1:55AM GMT 
NancyMSmith 30 Dec 2012 5:35PM GMT 
Joyce1812va1 28 Jan 2013 12:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic