Search for content in message boards

Spell Ancestry:

Replies: 1

Re: Spell Ancestry:

Posted: 17 Sep 2013 7:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
I have two SPELL listings in my book Abstracts of Wills Edgecombe County NC 1733-1856

You may find a nugget of info in your search.

DREWRY SPELL
Dec 16. 1781-Feb. Court 1782 Son:(not named,evidently infant and motherless). Exrs shall have the keeping and disposal of property as they think best for my son. Father and mother to have use of plantation till son comes of age. If son dies, Brother LEWIS SPELL shall have it. If son dies before he is of age, Father shall have all my personal estate. Exxr: Father; Bro: Lewis Spell. Wit: M.C. Belcher, JOHN SPELL

JOHN SPELL
Oct 7, 1784, Nov. Ct. 1784 Wife: ELIZABETH, lend use of negro girl, Rachel, and her increase, widowhood, reversion to my sons and daus, stock (illegible) negro Chloe and increase. 150 acres of land on the River joining Brownrig, Mrs. Evans and Southerlands lines. Son & exrr: LEWIS SPELL, land and negroes; JOHN, land adjoining Templey's Survey, Southerland and Mrs. Evans, about 300 acres. It being the land he lives on and 1 negro; daughter; MARTHA, 1 negro and increase, after death of my wife. Exxr: Father (unnamed). Wit; Noah Sugg, Richard Shearly.

That is all that is offered.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Dorris Edward... 20 May 2013 7:07PM GMT 
Joyce1812va1 17 Sep 2013 1:09PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions