Search for content in message boards

Benjamin Williford, ca. 1751

Replies: 2

Willifords of Edgecome Co.

Donna Williford Edwards (View posts)
Posted: 16 Aug 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Williford, Winstead
I am not sure if my Willifords are linked to the Benjamin Williford of Edgecombe Co. or not. They are primarily from Wilson Co. and are linked to the Winstead and Taylor families of that area.

My grandfather was William Earle Williford Sr. and was born in New Hanover Co., NC; his father was William Leonidas Williford and married Lucinda Davis of Southport. W.L. has been a bit of a puzzle as he is not present with his brother and sister, Charlie and Amanda, in the 1880 census with his mother, Lucy Winstead, and his step father, Joseph Newsome. W.L. should have been about 7 years old.

I have little else on the family as I am still gathering that information. I could use all the help I could get.

WL's father is a mystery also. I don't know if he died or the couple divorced and WL was staying with a grandparent. I do know that my grandfather reports that he met his grandmother twice when he was young. WL lists in the 1902 voter registration lists as his qualifying relative one William T. Williford. His brother Charlie lists his qualifying relative as Thomas Williford. The conclusion is that it is the same relative, one William Thomas Williford.
I also found one William Elonza Williford age 6, living with William Albert Williford. It is quite likely that this was in fact WL. Now I need to verify that.

I would love to exchange any information with you. If you would please contact me at emtde@mail.com I will keep in touch. Bear with me though as I am busy and seldom get to get online these days.

Best of luck!

Donna
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
VICKI FACIANE 3 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Donna Williford Edwards 16 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Betty Moore 4 Sep 2013 2:36AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic