Search for content in message boards

David and Lewis Martin

Replies: 0

David and Lewis Martin

Posted: 2 Feb 2013 7:50AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Martin
I am continuing my search for David Martin (ca 1768 – 1840). I believe he might have been born in Surry County (although I can’t find solid proof). David’s son Lewis Martin (my direct line) married Ruth Mecum, daughter of John Mecum and Elizabeth Nancy Love. Lewis was born in Stokes County about 1802 but died in Forsyth County about 1860. I’m sure that Lewis had siblings as well as David a wife, but I’ve hit nothing but brick walls for the last two years.

I stumbled upon the info regarding the Martin Family Cemetery located off US 158 in Walkertown. According to the surveyor, the names and dates for the deceased came from an old family Bible. I have no idea who has the Bible but what a find that would be to locate it and its owner.

The names listed as buried on the old family farm are David Martin, Elizabeth Hammock, John R Martin, Lewis Martin, Ruth Mecum Martin and Sarah L Martin. However, there appears to be at least 12 people buried there. Please, if anyone can shed some light on the siblings of Lewis or his father David and his wife, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,
Sue (Martin) Pollock

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions