Search for content in message boards

William Jackson

Replies: 3

Re: William Jackson

Posted: 22 Jul 2013 11:37AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi Renate,

Thank you for the kind words! Well, you might say I am at least on the way there. I STRONGLY suspect that the very Julious Jackson, who is seen in the 1850 Butler County AL Census is related to my William Jackson. As I said on my last post, I have someone at the AL State Archives working on seeing if they can find ANYTHING that will connect me to this family, or, in fact, the other JACKSONs in the 1850 Butler Census. I suppose what I need to first find is any place where my own WILLIAM JACKSON, b. abt 1798 GA, connects to the Jacksons in GA and if so, where AT in Georgia? ALSO, before GA, Julius Jackson was in NC...to my understanding...

For any following this thread, here is what I have, that I know and prove:
William Jackson, b. abt 1798 in GA or NC. He is 52 yrs in the 1850 Butler County, AL Census... His wife's name, all I have on her, is Mary. She was born about 1811 also in Georgia, and is shown as 39 in that census record. Their children are as follows:

Cleton, b. 1833 in AL (He is my great great Gr/Fth (On the census, some say it is Eslton, but very clearly on the image itself, it is CLETON. Not to mention his Civil War papers.)
Ann, b. 1835 AL
Emeline Frances Jackson, b. Dec 9, 1837 in AL
Martha Jackson, b. 1839 AL
Catherine Jackson, b. 1841 AL
William Jackson, b. 1846 AL

If anyone has something that might be worth investigating, please respond!! I have been trying to find my gr gr gr gr/fth William Jackson, b. 1798 in GA for over 14 years.

Thank you all so much for any help you can lend to me.
Very Sincerely, Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
theoasis_1 20 Jul 2013 6:03PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 21 Jul 2013 5:43PM GMT 
Yarsan 22 Jul 2013 12:00PM GMT 
theoasis_1 22 Jul 2013 5:37PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions