Search for content in message boards

William Denton- died 1793 in Franklin County. Married to Anna.

Replies: 3

William Denton- died 1793 in Franklin County. Married to Anna.

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 12:49PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Denton
William Denton is my 6th great grandfather. I'm not sure when he arrived in North Carolina, but have hints of his being born in VA. He was married to Anna, as sourced in his probated will in 1793.

In the 1790 Census there are 2 other Denton's listed: Jesse Denton and Wilson Denton. If you look at the census, you have to look below Jesse. Whoever set up the "search" records on Ancestry for census data has William Denton and Wilson Denton listed as William Denson and Wilson Denson, so it took a while for me to find them. Anyway, back to Jesse, William and Wilson, I'm sure they are all related, but have not tied them together yet. Does anyone have info on this? I do know Jesse Denton was a witness on William's will and have located the original hand written document.

Also, of William's children, Cloe Denton is my 5th great grandmother and she lived from about 1785-?. I can't find any birth info, death info, one marriage source but she did not marry the father of my 4th great grandfather, Henry Denton. Henry Denton was born in 1807, but I can not find the bastardy bond that should have been posted. (Probably not transcribed yet and I can't seem to get anyone with the state or county probate courts/vital records to help me.) William died before Cloe became pregnant out of wedlock. Possibly a family member, mother/brother/uncle that posted the bond?

Does anyone have any information on this particular Denton line, or is anyone related to this particular Denton line? I live out of state, so I can't get to the physical records to research them myself, or I'd do it. I'd love to sit among all those old documents and find my ancestors. :)
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Lisa Denton 8 Sep 2013 6:49PM GMT 
DelorisWillia... 13 Sep 2013 3:26AM GMT 
Lisa Denton 14 Sep 2013 2:21AM GMT 
Yarsan 14 Sep 2013 10:41AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions