Search for content in message boards

Col. William Sheppard

Replies: 4

Re: Col. William Sheppard

Posted: 16 Oct 2012 9:10PM GMT
Classification: Query
The Col William Shepperd/Sheppard who married Elizabeth Haywood and settled in Hillsborough, NC after the Revolutionary was is not the same William Shepperd/Sheppard who lived in Granville County NC and married into the Norman Family. Other than the evidence that Col. Wm Shepperd had a sister Martha who married William
Francis Strudwick, we really do not know aout his parentae or early life. The hint that I have used on my chart is from Surry County NC Wills 1771-1827 by Jo White Linn. In it there is evidence that James and Lucy Shepperd who were the parents of Augustine Shepperd was also the father of William Shepperd and Martha. I believe this is correct, but I really do not have evidence to tie it together.

There was also a Captain William Shepperd from Surry County in the War. Col William Shepperd fought in the Surry and Granville County areas and in many others including King's Mountain. He has lots of writeups in military records but very little about his parents and siblings.

If anyone can point me to records that ties this together - help! Also I am looking for his grave - he died in Hillsborough.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
lznash 16 Jan 2000 12:00PM GMT 
C. Bullard 2 Apr 2006 3:46AM GMT 
GregHunter86 5 Apr 2008 6:07PM GMT 
mycontributio... 9 Oct 2011 1:05PM GMT 
bwilsonrelyea 17 Oct 2012 3:10AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions