Search for content in message boards

family of Sherwood HARRIS

Replies: 10

family of Sherwood HARRIS

Posted: 5 Feb 1999 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 10:29PM GMT
Surnames: HARRIS, HICKS, HUDSETH
There are any number of men by the name of Sherwood HARRIS in & around the Granville Co., N. Car. area. My Sherwood HARRIS came from Hanover & Goochland counties in Virginia to Granville Co., North Carolina. My Sherwood HARRIS made his will on 15Jun1763 & it was proved in the August court of Granville Co. in 1763. It is on file as Will #101 in the clerk's office of Granville Co. He identifies Absalom HIX/HICKS as his "loving son-in-law" the husband of his daughter Mary [Harris] HIX. This is my direct line. Has anyone untangled the Sherwood HARRIS puzzle? According to the records of the DAR, it is difficult to recognize who is who. I would like to know if anyone can show the ancestry of my Sherwood HARRIS? He identifies his wife in his will as Jane. Some family researchers suggest that her name was Jane HUDSPETH. Was that her maiden name or did she marry after Sherwood's death to someone named HUDSPETH? I have suspected that the latter was the case?!? The happy couple of Absalom HIX/HICKS and Mary HARRIS were living in Goochland Co., Va. when at least two or more of their children were born. Two of their daughters Jeani HIX/HICKS & Diana HIX/HICKS were listed in "The Douglas Register" of Goochland Co., Va. Has anyone researched this family and have you found any source implying or indicating when they were married? I would be glad to visit with anyone who has information on the above families or other associated lines. I have alot of information to share if others are working on these lines. thanks, dave
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
MosesAsh 5 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT 
glennKennedy9... 11 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Ken Hicks 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
idaliahicks 12 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Bettye Mahan 14 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Ken Hicks 13 Nov 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Richard Matte... 13 Jun 2014 6:13PM GMT 
Angie Hicks 29 Sep 2005 9:48PM GMT 
soulsearcher2... 4 Apr 2013 11:09PM GMT 
deelujan 27 Mar 2011 4:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions