Search for content in message boards

Will of Thomas Cook, Jr. 1751 - 1805

Replies: 0

Will of Thomas Cook, Jr. 1751 - 1805

Posted: 12 Feb 2000 5:00AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 29 Jan 2002 2:20PM GMT
Surnames: Cook, Stuart
I Thomas Cook of the County of Guilford & State of North Carolina Being of Sound mind & Disposing Memory I make & Ordain this my Last Will and Testament in manner and form Following {imserimises} it is my Will that all my Just Debts be paid.
And First I Give & Bequeath Unto my Beloved wife Mary Cook the Use & Profits of the Plantation that I now live on with all the farming tooles thereto Belonging, with the two Mares, one Calf [unin] with two Cows & Calves such as she may choose, all during her Widowhood. But it is my will and meaning that if she should Incline to Marry As soon as she doth, that she have but one feather bed and Common furniture all her Wearing clothes her to have & heirs forever.
I Alfo Give Unto my Son Thomas Cook Ten Dollars to him and his heirs forever.
I Alfo Give Unto my Son Joseph Cook Ten Dollars to him and his heirs forever.
I Alfo Give Unto my Son John Cook the Blacksmith Tooles that he has Now in use & the horse that is mare & Call'd his with one feather bed & Common furniture to him and heirs forever.
I Alfo Give Unto my Son Jacob Cook the mare Call'd Polla to him & his heirs forever
I Alfo Give Unto my Son William Cook the two year old horse Coals & fifty Dollars to him & his heirs forever
I Alfo Give Unto my three Sons Zimri Cook - Isaac Cook and Nathan Cook at their mothers Decease or Marriage the Plantation that I now live on with Every Privilage thereto Belonging; Provided there Remains Residue Enough of my Personal Estate to pay William the fifty Dollars Aforementioned if not for them to pay the fifty Dollars Equally between them & the Remainder I Give to em & their heirs forever
I Alfo Give Unto my Daughter Sarah Stuart Ten dollars to her & her heirs forever
I Alfo Give Unto my Grandaughter Elisabeth Cook one feather bed & Common furinture to her & her heirs forever
And it is my Will & meaning & I want it do to be understood that if Either Any of my Sons Die in mind [unin] or without heir of Body that their Parts Devolve to my Surviving Sons
And all the Residue of my Estate Both Real And Personal or of what Name or Natives [unin] to be Equally Divided Among the Remainder of my Sons.

And Lastly I do make Ordain Constitute And Appoint my two Sons Joseph & Thomas Cook Joint Executors to this my Last Will and Testament Utterly Revoking and Disallowing all other wills by me made or intended Ratifying and Confirming this & no other to be my Last Will and Testament in Witness thereof I have here unto set my hand & Seal this first day of the second month 1805

Signed Sealed And Acknowledged Thomas Cook (Seal)
by the said Thomas Cook to be his
Last Will & Testament in the
presense of Barnabus Coffin
Jehu Stuart, Juner (Jr.)
Jonathan Mills

LAST WILL and TESTAMENT of THOMAS COOK, son of Thomas and Mary (Underwood) Cook
Born - 1751, Warrington, York Co., Pennsylvania
Married - January 30, 1752, Mary Mills, dau. of John Mill & Sarah Beals, New Garden MH, Guilford Co., North Carolina
Died - February 23, 1805, Deep River, Guilford Co., North Carolina
Will Obtained - North Carolina State Archives, Raleigh, NC
Will Book - Guilford County Original Wills, 1771-1968, CR.046.801.43, Thomas Cook 1805
R. L. Cooke, III
September 26, 1997

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions