Twisdale

Replies: 3

Laurena Willey

Candy Willey (View posts)
Posted: 6 Aug 1999 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Willey, Richardson
Dear Peggy,

Laurana Jane Willey, b Nov 1802, was the daughter of John Willey and Polly.

This from Carolyn Reinbold of St. George, UT: "My end great grandmother was Jaurana Jane Willey, thought to have been born in TN or at least she came to Ill from TN. She was born Nov. 1802. Around 1820, she married Thomas A. Richardson, who was born 10 Jan 1803 in NC. They had 11 children and Jaurana died the day her 11 child, a son, was born. She is buried in the Antioch Cem, Marion Co., IL

(outside Centralia) on 1 Oct 1845. Thomas Richardson's father was born on the east shore of Maryland. Thomas and his two older sisters were born in NC ca 1790, then the family moved to TN where the next child was born. I think the family lived in Guilford Co., NC and Robertson Co., TN before moving to Marion Co.,IL in 1826. Bond Co., almost touches Marion Co. "

I have found her name recorded as Lourana "Rainey" Willey and also Lourania. I have no information about Elizabeth except for a mention in her fathers will:

In the name of God Amen. I, John Willey of the County of Dickson and State of Tennessee being weak in body but of sound mind and perfect memory- Blessed be Almighty God for the same do make and publish this my last will and testament in manner and form as followeth that is to say. First, I give and bequeath to my beloved wife Polly during her natural life all the personnel property I am now in possession of except such as I shall hereafter give and specify in this will. To my daughter, Polly I give a horse called Jolly and one good feather bed and one cow and calf. And to my daughter Elizabeth I give one horse called Snap, one good feather bed and one cow and calf. And to my son Washington, I give one mare and colt called Fanny until the colt becomes three years old then the mare to be returned to my wife provided the colt should live so long if not he is to keep the mare also. One feather bed and cow and to my daughter Frances Heaven I give one ......and calf. And to my son John I give one ....calf. These

several duties I will that my wife do comply with by giving each of my children the property herein given to them when they shall require it of her. ...will that my beloved wife have the use and benefit of the plantation whereon I now live and at her decease I will that the plantation and all the personal property that she shall leave shall be sold and the money an... from said sale to be equally divided amongst all my children. I do hereby appoint my wife Polly and my brother William Willey executors of this my last will and testament hereby revoking all former wills by me made. In witness where of I haveŠ set my name and seal this 18th day of August 1823.

John Willey

William Willey, John's brother, is the father of James W. Willey, who had a son, David Willey- my grandfather.

Sometime in the early 1800's John and William moved to TN. Nugent's History of Middle Tennessee, says, "John Willey brought the 'Natchez Trace' to Middle Tennessee as a surveyor. He later moved his family to the state and settled in Dickson Co."

I have desendents for four of Laurana'a brothers. Would be happy to share.

Candy Willey

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Milt Twisdale 15 Nov 1998 12:00PM GMT 
Milton Twisdale 18 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT 
pegshock 12 Mar 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Candy Willey 6 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic