Search for content in message boards

Hertford, NC Intestate Records

Replies: 2

Re: Hertford, NC Intestate Records

Posted: 7 Mar 2013 8:56AM GMT
Classification: Query
The State Archives at Raleigh will answer your questions. The number I have for them is 919-807-7310. e-mail: archives@ncdcr.gov.
Awhile back, I printed out a copy of the records they have on Hertford Co. (They have them for all the counties, and they post them on their website.)
Most stuff for Hertford is on microfilm and is after the dates you seek, but they do have 9 fibredex boxes of land records 1775-1940. For a price, they will do look-ups and send you the information.
If nothing else, Raleigh can tell you where, in the actual county courthouses or libraries, you might find some of the info you seek.
Just a thought, but if you could find out the neighbors' names of the person you are researching, you could research their 1790-1820 land records for clues to the whereabouts of your ancestor's land. I'd focus on that piece of land, its neighbors, and whether one of your ancestor's descendants was possibly living on it in the early 1800s. Then search his estate records.
Best Wishes
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
LoriHGodwin1 27 Jan 2013 2:31AM GMT 
DownWindsorWa... 6 Mar 2013 10:47PM GMT 
DownWindsorWa... 7 Mar 2013 3:56PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions