Search for content in message boards

Theophilus Morgan Will, Iredell (formerly Rowan) Co., NC 1807

Replies: 9

Theophilus Morgan Will, Iredell (formerly Rowan) Co., NC 1807

Posted: 7 May 2005 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Will
Surnames: Morgan, Campbell, McHaffery, Mason, House, Searcy, Angel
The following was taken from the Oakland, CA FHC microfilm 19191 of the Iredell County, NC, Will Book #1, 1790-1819, pp. 143-144.

"In the name of God amen
I Theophilus Morgan of North Carolina Iredell County being sick of body & near [off side of page, probably death] but of perfect mind & memory thanks be to unto God for his mercies all and unto mind the mortallity [sic] of my body and knowing that it is appointed for all men once to die do make and ordain this my last will and testament that is to Say in principally I give and recommend my Soul in the hands of the almighty God that Gave it & my body I recommend to the earth to be buried at a Christian burial at the discretion of Executors Nothing doubting but I shall receive the same again in Glory & as touching my Worldly Estate whomevereth as it hath pleased God to bless me with in this Life I give & Discress [difficult to read] in the folloing Manner And first of all I give to Catherine Morgan my beloved Wife all my Lands & tenements Goods & Chattles with paying all my Just & Lawful Debts as long as she lives a Widow or else Death, & then the Estate to be eaqually [sic] Divided between her Children & mine & I appoint Reubon Morgan & Catherine Morgan My Executors in witness & set my hand & Seal.
Febry 13th 1807
James McHaffery Jurist [?hard to read]
Purciphul Campbell read [?hard to read]
Theophilus Morgan [with a printed capital M with serifs in the middle labeled "his mark"]
Seal [?hard to read]"

I am descended via his son Theophilus Morgan, Jr's second marriage to Nancy Mason on 20 Jan 1813 in Robertson Co., TN. Their daughter Nancy Emily Morgan married James Jarrell House in Marshall Co., MS, on 11 Oct 1850. Their daughter Leonora Estelle House married William Wendel Searcy, Jr. on 20 Jan 1874 in her father's home, Gray Gables, in Holly Springs, MS. Their daughter, Leonora Estelle Searcy married Leigh Anderson Angel on 21 Dec 1899 in Birmingham, AL. Their daughter Virginia, my grandmother, is still living and will turn 96 in June.

Happy to exchange info with any relatives.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DianeBrenum 8 May 2005 2:19AM GMT 
REBECCA12FERR... 30 Jul 2009 10:43PM GMT 
floree02 6 Sep 2012 8:20PM GMT 
DianeBrenum 9 Sep 2012 1:27AM GMT 
Jack_Deal 4 Feb 2013 5:22PM GMT 
floree02 13 Jun 2013 8:09PM GMT 
DianeBrenum 14 Jun 2013 4:15AM GMT 
floree02 17 Jun 2013 8:34PM GMT 
DianeBrenum 18 Jun 2013 5:54AM GMT 
floree02 18 Jun 2013 7:05PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions