Search for content in message boards

mitchell

Replies: 75

Talton-Mitchell

Posted: 22 Sep 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Jul 2001 10:39AM GMT
Surnames: Talton, Capps, Lynch, Woodard, Mitchell, Bridgers, Boon-Boone
Susan: Thank you for your reply. The information I have is as follows: 1.) Mary J. Talton b. ca.1867 Johnston County- may have been Wayne County since her family lived almost on the JoCo.-Wayne Co. line near the little town of Princeton-Boonhill Twnsp. Johnston County, NC.
She married a George Mitchell ca. 1896 Jo.Co.-Wayne Co.
Mary's parents were Turner Revister Talton-Tarlton and Mary Ann Davis whose father was William Davis. The Davis & Talton-Tarlton were Free Will Baptist and Quarkers.
1.)Mary J. Talton Mitchell siblings were:
2.)James Maxton Talton: who married Edith TALTON dau of Irdell Talton. James was called Jim-named for his Grandfather JamesW.(ashington)(Jim-Jimmie-JW Talton. He was the son of Jonathan and Mary Talton.
3.)Dudley Lee Talton. Dudley married twice- d. Hopewell Va.had 2 sons one lived and died Mt. Holly NC other Lived in Miss. by his first wife. 1 dau by his 2nd wife.
4.)Martin Van Buren Talton (Van-Vann:my grandfather married Sarah Jane Capps dau of Henry Gray Capps son of Lewis Capps.
5.)Rufus H.Talton; married a Davis Lv. Wayne Co. d. NewJersey or Pocamoca City Md. or Va. He disapeared many-many years ago and was only located 2 years ago from death and burial records found by his grandaughter. He was always the family mystery. Found reason why from a 1895- 1897 Smithfield Herald Newspaper article a number of year ago.
6.)William Asa (Acie-Acy) Talton: married Fannie Hines. Lived on the Progress Church Road outside of Princeton NC and had children- the one I knew was named Alan Talton and he died at the homeplace not too long ago and is buried I beleive
in the William Asa Talton family Graveyard out back of the house near the Creek. Graveyard has stones marking the graves.
7.)Sarah A. Talton: married Murray Hollowell of Stevens Mill, Wayne Co. NC. b.1875// m.20 Nov. 1901 d. 13 Jan. 1944 Wayne Co. 63 years old from death certificate
8.)Hettie Talton: married David (Dave Eason) Had one dau. who married Clayton Davis.
The other son of George and Mary J. Talton Mitchell name was Edmound S. Mitchell. Also have another record of Winston Mitchell -Edmounds brother - that reads, Winston name was George Winston Mitchell,Jr.
Edmound Mitchell b. 9 Sept.1904 Wayne Co.NC.
Winston Mitchell traveled back and forth from Fla. to New York. He was in the hotel busines and would always stop to visit with us in Va. and get a yearly check-up at the Veterans hospital at Kecoughtan, Phoebus-Hampton Va.
He encouaged me when I was just a young girl to do my family history since every TALTON-TARLTON-TARLETON generation had TALTON men who served in all the Wars for freedom for this country from the-Indian Wars thru his, Winston's time of service WWI and II.

INFORMATION ON GEORGE WINSTON MITCHELL,SR.
By my notes I have the above George,Sr. -by his first wife-
the following named children;
1.)Roxey(Roady) E. b.ca.1887
2.)B.E. b. ca. 1890
3.)Adelia b. ca. 1893

Susan there is more detailed information on these families-
I have some documented and some not. Be glad to share what I have.

Thru Mary J. Talton Mitchell if it is a direct line of yours you would be qualified to be a member of the U.D.C. and the D.A.R. by Mary J. Talton Mitchells father Turner Revister Talton-Tarlton who served with the Confederate Army during the War Between the States and was at the surrender at Appomatox Court House 1865. For membership in the D.A.R. you qualify thru the service of James Talton-son of Old William Tarlton who died Jo.Co. 1791 Jo.Co.NC.
Also you can qualify for Colonial Dames thru OLD William Tarlton-Talton for the assistance he gave to the Colonial
troops during the Revolutionary War.

I hope all of what I have sent to you will be of interest to you.Please let me know one way or the other.
Good luck and good hunting....I am, Sincerely,

Westa Talton Morris 9/22/2000 NNVA
PS. Greatgrandfather Turner R. Talton-Tarlton also raised a set of twins Charney and Junie both males-sons of John B.
Wilkins and Susannah "Sudie" Fields who was the dau of Blaney Fields and a __________Talton relationof mine.
In some records I have viewed it is shows MY GREATGRAND- FATHER... TURNER TALTON-TARLTON AS .....JAMES TURNER TALTON WHICH IS INCORRECT. GR.GRANDFATHERS NAME WAS TURNER REVISTER TALTON-TARLTON AND HIS FATHER WAS JAMES W. TALTON-TARLTON. I HAVE TRIED REPEATLY TO CORRECT THIS WORK DONE BY A WILLIAMSON WOMAN, BUT WITH NO SUCESS. EVERYBODY MAKES ERRORS, EVEN ME, BUT I DO MAKE AN EFFORTS TO CORRECT MY RESEARCH WHEN NECESSARY. THERE IS NO EXCUSE FOR CONTINUING WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN SENT DOCUMENTED PROOF AND ASK TO MAKE CORRECTIONS OF ONES FAMILY HISTORY. I FEEL VERY STRONG ABOUT THIS SORT OF THING AND I THINK ANYONE WHO WANTS CREDITABILITY OF THEIR RESEARCH WOULD FEEL THE SAME. wtm/2000
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sharon mitchell 9 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
K. Hood 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
sharon mitchell 10 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
K. Hood 11 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
TARLTON 16 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Dean_Dolores 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
TARLTON 22 Sep 2000 12:00PM GMT 
Joannewil 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
TARLTON 14 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT 
robert83164 20 Dec 2004 12:00AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions