Search for content in message boards

Britt Family Cemetary Harper House Bentonville

Replies: 34

Re: Britt Family Cemetary Harper House Bentonville

jean johnson (View posts)
Posted: 7 Jun 2005 5:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
They also might be in the Wayne County Cemetary == where is the Wayne County cemetary? My great grandfather Edmund Britt' was born in Bentonville, by the Harper House, on his family's farm. His father was Blackmon or Blackman Britt who was married to a Rebecca Howell. Edmund was the one of the two youngest children. He left Bentonville and went to Sampson County where he married Allis Ann Butler and then they moved to Fayetteville where he farmed and also ran a boating business and grocery store on the banks of the Cape Fear River. He was also the police chief for a short time.

We know that during the battle of Bentonville the family (except for some of his brothers who were fighting in the Civil War) fled to Goldsboro to escape the fighting. I actually think they may have lived in a little place called Four Oaks but that Bentonville was the post office ....I know that Bentonville is where I found them in the Census.

It is also possible that an Effie Cuddingham Britt will be buried there also.

I would also think that a George Britt will be there.

Thanks so much!

Jean
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jean johnsn 3 Jun 2005 5:41PM GMT 
sstephenrr1 7 Jun 2005 10:48PM GMT 
jean johnson 7 Jun 2005 11:00PM GMT 
sstephenrr1 7 Jun 2005 11:23PM GMT 
jean johnson 8 Jun 2005 12:37PM GMT 
sstephenrr1 7 Jun 2005 11:41PM GMT 
Dave Williams 8 Jun 2005 5:34PM GMT 
sstephenrr1 7 Jun 2005 11:47PM GMT 
jean johnson 7 Jun 2005 11:09PM GMT 
sstephenrr1 8 Jun 2005 9:34PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions