Search for content in message boards

YOUNG A BARBER b.1818 m. REBECCA JORDAN 1838 JOHNSTON CO

Replies: 12

Re: YOUNG A BARBER b.1818 m. REBECCA JORDAN 1838 JOHNSTON CO

Posted: 4 Jan 2013 4:54PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: BARBER, JORDAN, WOODALL, DIXON, JOHNSON
I am most curious about your post. You mentioned Celia BARBER STANCIL sold over 100 acres of land previously owned by Drury BARBER yet there is NO mention of any land of Drury's ending up in the hands of his sons, Haman and Young A. in your post. Was this land given to her when she wed? How and when did Young and Haman get their land? They were all living side by side in 1850, right? Did Drury and his wife settle on Woodall land? Any idea where DRURY and his family are buried?

I see where a Lucy Johnson Dixon and hubby Lemuel Dixon are sandwiched between the boys, Haman and Young in the 1850 census. There is a record for a LUCY H DIXON marrying a GIDEON WOODALL in the 1870s. She is buried in the Elevation Church cemetery. Is the Gideon who put up the bond and acted as administrator and sold/settled Drury's estate one and the same GIDEON who married Lucy Johnson?

Do you know what faith these folks were? What faith were the Woodalls? When Celia and Alex Stancil married a JAMES WOODALL was BONDSMAN. Was this Celia's grandpa or uncle?

I found it most interesting Matthew Jordan did NOT choose a JORDAN to be executor of his estate, even though several of his sons were of legal age and very close in age to YOUNG A BARBER, husband to his daughter, Rebecca. Now I am wondering about YOUNG A BARBER's family connections?

From your post I can speculate the "A" in YOUNG A's name may have stood for ALLEN. Still trying to solve this mystery. Do you have any bible records or records of any kind which could solve this mystery?

Also, interested in your thoughts about GIDEON BARBER- do you think there were two and the 1880 one was not his Haman's son?

I have found where even an elderly father has been represented by some census takers in the vicinity as a "Boarder" or "farm help" or even "laborer". I haven't been able to find any other census record for Haman's son GIDEON in 1880 and the one listed as boarder is the exact age of his son. Interested in your thoughts?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
saltbreeze44m... 3 Jan 2013 8:37AM GMT 
rikrasmussen 3 Jan 2013 7:05PM GMT 
saltbreeze44m... 3 Jan 2013 9:08PM GMT 
rikrasmussen 3 Jan 2013 9:13PM GMT 
rikrasmussen 3 Jan 2013 9:41PM GMT 
westephens 4 Jan 2013 11:56AM GMT 
rikrasmussen 4 Jan 2013 9:53PM GMT 
mv66nc 4 Jan 2013 9:23PM GMT 
saltbreeze44m... 4 Jan 2013 11:54PM GMT 
mv66nc 5 Jan 2013 3:11AM GMT 
per page