Search for content in message boards

WHERE are these SASSERS buried?

Replies: 0

WHERE are these SASSERS buried?

Posted: 10 Jul 2013 1:41AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: SASSER
I am working on a massive family history project and have hit some snags where the SASSERS go - need to find these graves. Surely someone knows where these folks are buried. HELP! BTW- the new cemetery census books at the Wayne library continue to be incomplete. I knew where Edward Sasser Jr was buried - Mitchell-Sasser cemetery. I knew where Edward Ballard, Lewis' son was buried. And I knew where William Edward, son of Ed Sr was buried. I needed to know where the previous generation was buried!

I'm looking for the SASSERS of 1700s.

Abel
Arthur
Benjamin
Edith
Joel
Josiah
John
Stephen
William

Is there a graveyard on the Josiah/John Sasser home place near the Little River? Deeds suggest the graves could be from Princeton-Boon Hill up to Beulah in Johnston county or the Fork to Buck Swamp all the way over to New Hope and maybe even some where in Lenoir! All suggest North side of Neuse. But hey, if someone knows of a really early Sasser ccemetery closer to Waynesborough or Grantham or even Four Oaks it might help!

With so many early cemeteries being behind structures or way down dirt - or what once was a dirt road, I really need some one who knows this surname and/or the lay of the land!

Thanks.

VJ

Howell (born btw 1800 - 1805) and his wife Mary Polly. (still working on finding her maiden name. Anyone know it?)

Howell seemed to live between Buck Swamp and Beulah. His sons included Joseph who is buried in the Sasser-Talton cemetery.

Edward Sr (born 1786-died May 1845 per family records) and his wife Martha Patsy Howell, daughter of Benjamin Howell. Edward Sr. is supposed to be buried in Fork township. WHERE? I know where his eldest and youngest sons are buried.

Sure would like to hear from a local SASSER cemetery expert!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions