Search for content in message boards

Wm DAVIS d 1753 Edgecombe & Johnston Co NC ties-What is the "Norhuntec"

Replies: 2

Wm DAVIS d 1753 Edgecombe & Johnston Co NC ties-What is the "Norhuntec"

Posted: 31 May 2014 10:47AM GMT
Classification: Query
Seeking information on this Wm DAVIS who had wife Mary. Sons: Benjamin (D Jefferson Co, TN); Wm JR(died Darlington Co, SC); & Thomas (last known 1800 Darlington Co, SC). Wm DAVIS was in several deeds in Edgecombe Co, NC & signed those with his mark "W". Trying to find him before Edgecombe Co or who he belonged to. Prior generations always thought of him as the s/o Thomas Davis (1722 Isle of Wight Co, VA will)- but that Thomas' son, Wm was in Bertie Co, NC by 1735 & could sign his name (he didn't use a mark). The estate of Wm DAVIS SR was first mentioned in Edgecombe Co Aug 1753; admr was Benjamin BUNN. In that estate it was ordered by the court that Wm's livestock "running on the Norhuntec" be gathered and sold. I cannot find a Wm in Johnston Co records. I see names around him in Edgec that are also in Johnston Co, NC records, but his death 1753 makes it hard to pinpoint him anywhere in Johnston Co. I cannot find where he had even a grant in Johnston Co- but he had livestock there apparently. I cannot find anything that hints at what the "norhuntec" was. Leads appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
paulacarterda... 31 May 2014 4:47PM GMT 
1aycock 5 Jun 2014 4:47PM GMT 
paulacarterda... 5 Jun 2014 7:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions