Hello! My husband is descended thru John Howard and Ferrebee ?. Prior to reading your posting, I did not have her maiden surname of Parker. I hope you might share with me your source for that maiden surname information.
I will be happy to share with you all the descendant
branches of John and Ferebee's issue at a future time.
Although not completely verified as yet, my limited research thru years of interviewing Howard family members:
JOHN HOWARD, b.c. 1780 possibly in what was known then as Craven County, NC, married:
Ferrebe PARKER(?), no further info (nfi) on her.
I. Zachariah Howard, b.c. 1806 in Lenoir Co., NC, nfi on him other than he married c.1840 in Lenoir Co., NC to
Sarah GREY/GRAY, b. c.1819 in Lenoir Co., NC
(1)Simpson, b. Dec. 10, 1850 d. July 12, 1918 at home in Nobles Mill section of Lenoir Co., NC. He married on January 4, 1876 in Lenoir Co., NC to:
Annie E. Bolena (Angelina?)STROUD, b.between Dec 4, 1852-1857 in Lenoir Co., NC, d. May 18, 1911, buried Old Howard Cemetery #6, Pink Hill Township, Rex Howard Road.
1. Kit Howard (11/1/1880-2/15/1951) in Lenoir County, NC, buried Kit Howard Cemetery #343, Woodington Township,Jesse Howard Road, Lenoir Co.,NC, married on December 10, 1902 in Lenoir Co., NC to Laura Daisy STROUD (daughter of Zachariah F. STROUD & wife, Oma Caroline DAVENPORT). Laura Daisy born on July 25, 1887, d. Dec. 28, 1958 in Lenoir Co., NC, buried same as Kit Howard. This is my husband's ancestral line. Children of Kit Howard and his wife, Laura Daisy STROUD: Janie Howard, Blanche Howard, Christopher Columbus "Sonny" Howard, Oma Carolina Howard, Clarence Howard, Mable Howard, Clayton Howard, Ruth Mae Howard, Durwood Howard, Sybil Christine Howard, Sally Florine Howard and Rommie Earl Howard. I will be glad to supply you with further information on this family with the exception of those who are still living.
2. Amos Howard, b.between Nov 11-15,1895, d. Dec 08, 1965 Lenoir Co., NC, buried Oak Ridge Memorial Park, Pink Hill, NC, married 1/04/1914 Lenoir Co., NC to Bertie Frances WHALEY. For their issue, please request them.
3.Simpson Howard, Jr., nfi, married Hattie MAIDEN NAME UNKNOWN?, had 2 children: Simpson Howard & Erma Howard,nfi.
4. Annie Howard,died January 10, 1970 Duplin Co. NC, married Burt COLLINS and a Zeke LEE.
5.Zack Howard, nfi, m. Kitty TYNDALL, nfi
6. Jim Howard, b.c. 1893, died Sept. 14, 1936, buried Kit Howard cemetery, Lenoir Co., NC (off US 258), married Fronia Adline (b. Sept 8, 1897, d January 30, 1929) buried Kit Howard cemetery. Had 1 child I know of: Hettie Howard, born Nov 12, 1919, d. Aug 10, 1943, buried Kit Howard cemetery, Lenoir Co., NC off US 258.
7. Frank Howard, b. Oct 6, 1878 Lenoir Co., NC, d. July 7, 1941, nfi., married Emma BROWN who was b. Oct 01, 1885 and died May 01, 1920, nfi. File notes indicate Frank may have also married Kitty Tyndall Howard ???
8. Nancy Howard, nfi. Married a Mr. JENKINS.
9. Joel HOWARD, b. June 19, 1877 Lenoir Co., NC, died March 29, 1911, married Izzariah TYNDALL who was born May 18, 1878 and died May 02, 1958. nfi.
BACK TO CHILDREN of:
I. Zachariah Howard & Sarah GREY/GRAY:
(2) Jesse Sargett Howard, b. 12/10/1850 Lenoir Co., NC, d.
10/29/1924 in Lenoir Co., NC, married on Dec. 21, 1876 in Lenoir Co., NC to Sophronia Adline SMITH, b. 8/25/1860 Lenoir Co., NC to Lemon SMITH & wife, Adeline HALL, d. 11/3/1933 Lenoir Co., NC.
(3) Alexander Howard, b. 4/09/1846 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 12/03/1910, place unknown, buried Old Howard Cemetery #6, Pink Hill Township, Lenoir Co., NC, m. Alcy W. IRWIN, b. 4/19/1837, d. 4/28/1920, buried Old Howard Cemetery #6, Pink Hill Township, Lenoir Co., NC.
(4) Louise Howard, b. c. 1844, nfi.
(5) Martha L. Howard, b. c. 1843, nfi.
(6) Z. Everette Howard, b. 5/15/1842 Lenoir Co., NC, d.1/24/1907, place unknown, buried Old Howard Cemetery #6, Pink Hill Township, Lenoir Co., NC, married Leah Ann Elizabeth HARPER, b. 8/27/1840 Lenoir Co., NC. nfi.
(7) John Howard, b. 1840, place unknown, death unknown, married Julia MAIDEN NAME UNKNOWN.
Had 3 children I know of: Zacheus, b. c. 1869, Sarah b. c.1872 & John Q. b. c. 1873. NFI on any of these children.
BACK TO JOHN HOWARD and Ferrebe Parker(?) children:
II. Betsy Howard, nfi.
III. Chrisie Howard, married Louisa HARRELL,nfi.
IV. Samuel Howard, b. 9/22/1812 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 12/06/1882 Lenoir Co., NC, buried Samuel Howard Cemetery #344, Southwest Township, Lenoir Co., NC, married to Polly Ann NOBLE, b. 3/17/1810 in Mewborn, possibly what was known as Dobbs Co., NC or Craven Co., NC., d. 6/22/1860.
My notes indicate Samuel may have had 2 other wives: Married c. 1846 in Lenoir Co., NC to Philpenia NOBLE, b. 6/22/1825 in Lenoir Co., NC.
He married after 1865 to Sarah GREEN, b. February 22, 1822, nfi.
All children I have listed for Samuel Howard & Polly Ann Noble, his wife:
1)Lucetta Sidy Howard, b. between 1835-1838 in Lenoir Co., NC & married a John GATES. Had one child I know of named, Franklin P. GATES, b.c. 1869. nfi.
2) Julia Howard, b. 1/02/1838 in Lenoir Co., NC & married William Henry BROWN. nfi.
3) Emma Howard, b.c. 1839, possibly married twice; once to Joel HEATH and once to Lam SIMMONS. nfi.
4) Nancy Howard, b.c. 1842, m. Amos TAYLOR. nfi.
5) Lucy Howard, b.c. 11/19/1846, place unknown, m. Ben JONES, nfi.
6)Sarah Howard, b.c. 1848, nfi.
7)Mary E. Howard, b. 2/20/1849, m. Richard WOOTEN, nfi.
8)Christopher C. Howard, b. 6/20/1852 in Lenoir Co.,NC,nfi.
9)Curtis William Howard, b. 10/28/1853 in Lenoir Co., NC, d. 7/23/1932, place unknown, m. Nancy COWARD b. 1/07/1860 & d. 6/30/1922, place unknown. Had one child I know of:
Anna L. Howard, b. c.1879, nfi.
BACK TO CHILDREN OF John Howard & Ferrebe Parker(?):
V. Winnifred Howard, b. c.1815, nfi., married to
Shadrick HILL, b. 1813 Lenoir Co.,NC, died after 1890, nfi.
1. Elizabeth Lucretia Hill,b. 2/22/1836,d. 10/04/1912 Lenoir Co., NC m. on Mar 01, 1857 Lenoir Co., NC to Isaac James HOWARD, b. 2/26/1833 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 11/5/1861 Camp Gatlin, New Bern, NC (Civil War death?) my records show Isaac James HOWARD was son of a Samuel HOWARD and Nicey TAYLOR (b.1792);
2. Zechariah HILL, b. c.1839, nfi;
3. Winnifred HILL, b. April 15, 1840, nfi;
4. John Melcher HILL, b. May 20, 1846, nfi;
5. Nancy HILL, b. July 10, 1848, nfi;
6. Peanie HILL, b.c. 1849, nfi;
7. Joel Hill, b.c. 1850, nfi;
8. James Henderson Hill, b. December 12, 1853, nfi;
9. John M. HILL, b. July 20, 1856, nfi;
10. Henry HILL, b. 7/05/1857 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 11/28/1928 Lenoir Co., NC, and possibly married FIRST on November 6, 1880 to Nannie Elizabeth SPENCE, b. 4/15/1860, d. 5/13/1887; Henry HILL married possibly SECOND to Olive Ann Frances HARPER, b. 6/13/1862 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 10/27/1913 Lenoir Co., NC. One child I know of born to Henry & Olive Ann Frances HARPER is: Jesse Grainger HILL, b. 11/12/1898 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 6/06/1988 Lenoir Co., NC, buried Pinelawn Cemetery, Kinston, NC, married Oma Caroline HOWARD, b. 9/02/1907, d. 12/18/1988 in Lenoir Co., NC, buried Pinelawn Cemetery, Kinston, NC. Oma Caroline HOWARD was daughter of Kit HOWARD (a son of Simpson Howard & wife, Annie E. Bolena Angelina STROUD) and Laura Daisy STROUD.
BACK TO CHILDREN OF JOHN HOWARD & WIFE, Ferrebe PARKER (?):
VI. Barnett R. HOWARD, b. 3/18/1820, place unknown, died 10/01/1862, place unknown, buried Old Howard Cemetery #6, Pink Hill Township, Lenoir Co., NC (14 miles South of Kinston as headed towards Jacksonville, NC on Highway 258, turn onto Jonestown Road, about 1.4 miles take Rex Howard Road & go 1/10 mile, turn Right on dirt road, follow the tree line 2/10 miles), m. Nancy Winifred TINDALL, b. 1/15/1848, n.f.i. Children are listed for them as:
Christopher Howard, nfi; Mary Etta Howard, nfi.
Barnett R. HOWARD is listed in my files with two wives. The other wife is listed as Hannah NO MAIDEN NAME, b. 12/15/1820 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 5/05/1905 & buried in Old Howard Cemetery #6 as is Barnett R. HOWARD. I think Hannah was possibly his first wife considering dates of children born: John Robert Howard, b. 4/12/1843, nfi; L. Jonas Howard, b. 3/20/1847,nfi; Barnette Franklin Howard, b. 8/22/1848,nfi; William Samuel Howard, b. 4/17/1856, m. Alma DAVIS & had a daughter, Lottie Susan Howard, b. 4/03/1897, d. 5/06/1984 in Washington, NC, buried Howard Cemetery, m. Emmett Clayton HOWARD, b. 2/05/1890 Lenoir Co., NC, d. 8/21/1947 in Lenoir Co., NC, buried Howard Cemetery. I believe they had 9 children: Ruby May, Ralph Mosely, Alma Elizabeth, Thelma Jane, Helen Louise, William James, Naomi Mary, Lotie Belle "Pete," and Nancy Lee Howard.
I believe Emmett Clayton Howard was maried twice and the other was: Estelle Howard MAIDEN NAME(?), b. 7/8/1901, d. 6/15/1916 and possibly in childbirth with Ruth Estelle Howard, b. May 20, 1916, nfi.
Looking forward to hearing from you and I do hope my information has helped a bit. I do not pretend to state it is all accurate but I surely would like to request corrections, deletions and/or deletions.
Recent DNA results indicate that my husband's ancestral line might lead to a William HOWARD born 1784 possibly Anson Co., NC. He may have married an Ursullas HINSON there. ANSON County was formed from BLADEN County, NC, so we might also look in Bladen Co., NC for HOWARD ancestral line. Sincerely,
Eloise K. Howard