Search for content in message boards

Colvard's of NC, TN, and GA all have the same DNA

Replies: 0

Colvard's of NC, TN, and GA all have the same DNA

Posted: 2 May 2014 3:35PM GMT
Classification: Query
While most who use the message boards and messages re: the Colvard family say they are descendants of William Calvert/Colvard and Temperance of Chesterfield, Henrico, Goochland, it appears there are other Colvard descendants who were not descended from William and Temperance, BUT also have the same DNA as William. This means that William Calvert/Colvard of VA had at least one or more brothers who also married and had children.

For instance, my family has the same DNA as the Colvard's of Hardeman Co., TN who can trace their ancestry to John Butterworth Colvard of Surry Co., NC.

However, my family is descended from Joseph Calvert of Plumtree Island (now Mush Is) opposite the town of Weldon, Halifax Co, NC. He bought land on Plumtree Island in 1720 -- approximately the time William was married. Which brings up the possibility that William may be the son of Joseph or brother of Joseph.

I would like to exchange information with the descendants of William and Temperance Calvert/Covlard and with the descendants of John Stokely Colvard of Elbert Co., GA.

Richard A. Colbert
rchrd_clbrt@yahoo.com

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions