Search for content in message boards

Morrison/Queen

Replies: 2

Re: Morrison/Queen

Posted: 4 Feb 2013 12:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Morrison,
The William Morrison you asked about did marry Susannah Queen, however, she was his second wife. His first wife was
Cynthia Black of Mecklenburg County, daughter of William Black. She was the mother of all his children and died in 1843. William subsequently married Susannah Queen, apparently in the same year. He was born in 1794 in Burke Co., NC and moved to Macon County, NC in 1832. His home, of
poplar logs, two story, is still standing, and in the hands of the Land Trust for the Little Tennessee. He was my ggreat,great-grandfather. His wife, Cynthia, drove a surrey from Burke County to Macon County with her first three children,John, William, and Alfred riding along. as well as a black woman, Minnie, who had been with her all her life. The little boy, William, born 1828, was my great-grandfather. I have birth dates, marriage partners, marriage dates, death dates, and in several cases, all their children's names, dates, etc. The name of his first wife is absolutely correct, I have a letter from his grandson giving me that information.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
knytrose 28 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT 
Charles E. Carroll 8 Aug 1999 12:00PM GMT 
grandy19 4 Feb 2013 7:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic