Search for content in message boards

Hugh and William McCoy families

Replies: 3

Hugh and William McCoy families

Beth McCoy Priest (View posts)
Posted: 1 Jul 2000 6:00AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: McCoy, McKenzie, McDonald, Herbert
Hi, I'm looking for information on the family of Hugh McCoy, listed in the 1850 Macon County census. Hugh was a farmer, married to a Catherine McKenzie (or possibly McDonald)and had several children, including my great-great grandfather William Alexander McCoy. Family was originally in Iredell Cty. but show up in Macon Cty. at least by 1850.

William (born somewhere between 1825-1829) married Nancy Caroline Herbert. William was probably a miner. We think he went to CA for the Gold Rush. He had a daughter named California ("Callie") who died of diptheria at the age of 8 and is supposed to be buried somewhere in Macon County. I don't know if any of the rest of the family is buried there or not. William and Nancy had several children, including my great-grandfather James. They were Presbyterians, if that helps! I would greatly appreciate any info. anyone might have, whether cemetery records or other resources.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Beth McCoy Priest 1 Jul 2000 12:00PM GMT 
@@patcwell@ya... 6 Dec 2001 7:17PM GMT 
bk5045 1 Jun 2012 9:57PM GMT 
Thompson_Weav... 13 Jun 2012 6:41PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions